Hub will not pair any new devices

Ok so wow, spent so much time on this. Yes, I found the device trying to join but it never on the hub events from the IDE. It was network id “4B”. This is a GE/Jasco Z-Wave Plus Dimmer Switch. So it saw it and I created a new device in the IDE, but it still wouldn’t work.

I have a lot of these switches throughout my house, all with this great DTH that I have never had a problem with:

At any rate, on the hub log it was finding this using the DTH above, but the switch wouldn’t work. Keep in mind, it never found this on the app.

So I made a new device like you said using the network ID from the value column (4B in my case). Still wouldn’t work. I tried to switch the DTH to “Zwave dimmer switch generic”. Still wouldn’t work. Then I noticed a few of my dimmers have the original DTH of “Dimmer switch”. I switched the device that wouldn’t pair to “Dimmer switch”, and presto, had some luck controlling it. Then I switched to the custom DTH shown above, and it actually kept on working.

I have a feeling this isn’t a random problem. I’m not sure what the issue is. I bought a bunch of these dimmers in 3-4 group batches over time. When I installed it and couldn’t pair, I swapped it out for another one but the second one wouldn’t pair either.

My guess is something with this DTH is messed up? But I’m not sure why it all of a sudden started now. I’ll reach out to the author see what he says.

I have the other dimmer switch that I swapped out, same model, might try to throw that in to another switch to see if I have the same problem.

Hope this helps someone and thanks for your help. Wasted a lot of time on this! I’ll report back to this thread.

2 Likes