Hub Version Error when adding Tv

(Kevin) #1

When I try to add a smart tv to smart things, it gives me a hub version error saying I need a version 2 hub. I have a version 2 hub though, any ideas why I am getting this error?

(John Idone) #2

Kevin,
I have the same issue. I just bought a SmartThings hub solely to control my TVs. Trying to integrate with Amazon Echo and create routines and I was told I need a SmartThings hub as if the $5,000 for the alleged upgradable 9000 series TV wasn’t enough. I have a Wink and Hue hub and few additional wireless gateways with FIOS. Any more hubs and the FCC is going to knock on my door!

Make sure you contact support@smartthings.com, but we’re aware of the issue and are working on a fix. Hang in there!

What’s the issue, what’s the timeline to fix it, are there workarounds? I too just bought a SmartThings hub yesterday pretty much because it said it would connect with my UN65KS800D Samsung smart tv and yet it fails to even add it in the app. It’s a bit frustrating to say the least.

Is this still an issue - just got the Home monitoring kit and loading up things, and still received the hub version error saying I need a V2, which I do have, what gives??

(Ed Berry) #6

Has anyone got any more information on this issue. I’m getting this error on a hub that’s a week old and a tv that’s a month old. Both the old tv and hub were taken out by a lightning strike that came in through my cable internet connection.

(Julia Stephan) #7

I am having the same issue. I have a v2 hub and a compatible tv but still receive this error. Any fix yet?

(Rbraven) #8

any solution yet? This is ridiculous.

(Mike Kirby) #9

Has anyone heard anything yet from support on this? I too just bought this for the same feature and now that I am trying to use it am running into this problem. If this issue has been going on so long why are they still claiming they can do this? I wouldn’t have bought it had I seen all of your issues. I just e-mailed support and will post here if I get a response but wanted to see if any of you had yet.

(Frazer Webb) #10

I’m in the same position as you guys has there been an update on this yet?

(Fredrik Arnesen) #11

Me too, have the same problem with a brand new 6-series Samsung Smart Tv.

I have emailed support for an update.

Fred

(John Thompson) #12

I just got my hub today and have run into this issue. Samsung, I see that this has been a problem since March. also there has not been a reply since March. SmartThings Staff. Please give us an update on the progress of this issue or a link to were it is being discussed.

(Steve Robinson) #13

Still having the same issue!!! Any update?

(Travis Hill) #14

I am really not missing anything - there is no update on this. How is this even a thing?

UN55MU8000
STH-ETH-200

Hub version error stating I need a V2 when that is what I am using