Hub v2 Offline for over 1 1/2 days - Hard Reboot?

So that would turn off the hub for say 10 minutes then turn back on? This would reset the hub?? Would I leave the batteries out?? Thanks

Any chance those of you having issues are on AT&T U-Verse? There is an issue when U-Verse loses WAN connectivity that the HUB goes offline and never comes back.

It would be useful for those of you that have had this issue to log a trouble ticket so that perhaps ST will address it.

Exactly what happens. I used one of those round mechanical timers with the many, many little dips switches on it & I think it stays off for 5 minutes at a time. I only do this once per day. Yes, you would have to leave the batteries out for this to work.

I just started having a similar issue today. I power cycled my hub as instructed by the SmartThings support page for troubleshooting Philips Hue. Since then, solid blue light. I tried moving my hubā€™s IP into my routerā€™s DMZ, still solid blue. Iā€™ve rebooted dozens of times. Finally I moved the hub to a managed switch and with port mirroring Iā€™ve been getting full PCAPs. Iā€™m getting the SSL handshake terminated prematurely by the far end (Amazon EC2 / SmartThings). I get a TLS alert 21, followed by a TCP FIN, ACK, then two TCP RSTs which end the communication. The far end of the TLS/443 connection is fw-update.smartthings.com. As described by @wtip this keeps looping.

After being offline for 5 hours, it came back 1 minute ago (12:10AM Eastern, 2017.02.01). My Hub was running version 000.016.00009 (16.9) when the issue occurred. As many of you know, this version had a backup battery drain bug, so Samsung rushed out a fix in 16.12. ā€œOn Monday, January 30, between 11:00 am EST and 2:00 pm EST, we will automatically update your SmartThings Hub to the latest firmware (version 0.16.12)ā€ (thatā€™s yesterday for me). Lo and behold, my hub is now running a previously unannounced firmware version 000.016.00013 (16.13). My conclusion? The update process for 16.12 failed and nearly bricked my (and probably other peoplesā€™) hubs, and they patched the problem in 16.13.

Everyone got 16.13, including those of us who got it on Monday during the push window.

The best guess is that .12 was the golden master beta number or something along those lines, so ST had to bump the final release # by one digit, and that change was simply overlooked in the email communications. It wasnā€™t a matter of .12 failing during release.

How to remote reboot: I can see the logic behind the mechanical timer to force a reboot every day, but given that some devices can be troublesome when it comes to re-pairing, Iā€™m thinking if it ainā€™t broke, donā€™t fix it every day. I have my hubā€™s power plugged into a cheap Chinese wifi plug (and no batteries in it). If it goes offline for any period of time I can power it down then back on again from anywhere in the world. Simples.

Sorry for the delay, but wanted to provide confirmation of thisā€¦ you are correct. We just needed to bump up the increment for the production release. Unless you went down an odd path (e.g., were a participant in certain beta groups), the current Hub firmware version is 16.13