Hub Inactive - Support is Worthless

(seems I can put max 2 links in a post, so pardon my urls)

If i go to account.smartthings dot com it’s sending me to graph-eu01-euwest1.api.smartthings dot com
I previously posted the graph.api.smartthings dot com link as this is how my bookmark is saved, but when going there and going to my hub it goes to graph-eu01-euwest1.api.smartthings dot com anyway…

I did try a couple of times the reboot from the IDE as well… not sure if that works properly as the hub was continuously responding to ping after sending the reboot command…

I’m also pretty much excluding any network configuration issue as I didn’t change anything recently, especially at 5 or so in the morning when the issue appeared… Plus that in the same router I have other hubs, like Philips Hue, my home alarm, etc… and all have proper internet connectivity… I’m also able to add the hub in a new location, so seems communication with the hub is fine…

After logging out in the Smartthings classic app, now seems I’m not able to use it anymore as it’s stuck with an “Available countries could not be fetched from the server” message. I see two weeks ago someone got into the same issue with the app All device handlers got broken overnight (3 June 2020) (but not connected to the hub’s inactive status though)

Sorin