Hub Firmware Release Notes - 17.12/17.13/17.14

It’s sounding like this wasn’t actually fixed in 17.12

Mine has not come back… But it didn’t go down either… So… Is this right?

Those that are already on 17.11 did not receive the 17.12 update.

2 Likes

Mind went offline today. But never updated. Can I tell if it tried and failed??

Lol oh yeah… I forgot about that.

Hi, is it possible to see all the updates between 16.14 and 17.12 in one place? I can’t seem to find that right off. Maybe I don’t know the right place to look.

Thanks!

17.1 through 17.10 were internal or beta only. 17.11 was the first release to go out for general release.

2 Likes

I’m up at bat for tomorrow. I’m confident of success at this point!

1 Like

Not home, but see where hub went down then up. Showing right version. I am assuming everything is golden since I didn’t get a nasty gram from my family that things are not working.

I’ll sacrifice some steaks at the altar … umm, barbecue … to appease the Update Gods …

3 Likes

Thank you for that reply Nick, but I’m not sure what it means. Is there zero difference between 16.14 and 17.12 then?

I do not even know how high the sub-versions of 16 went (16.14 to 16.?). Maybe there is a place with details of each release, that I don’t know about? All I know is that I got an email about the pending update that said I was being updated from 16.14 to 17.12 and:

A brief summary of the changes is as follows:

• Numerous stability improvements and bugfixes
  • New diagnostics for hub problems
  • Ability to selectively enable automatic updates for some devices
  • New, more reliable update delivery mechanism

Then linked to this thread. But if there are supposed to be details here, they appear to be hidden in the 170-odd messages.

What are the practical differences between 16.14 and 17.12? Any usable functionality differences I might want to know about? One would think that with such a gap there would be. But maybe it was all infrastructure.

Thanks if you can help.

Sorry about that, I misunderstood what you were asking. It has gotten a little tangled to get the details.

The changes in 17.12 versus 17.11 are only bug fixes in the update process. The description of what changed between 16.14 and 17.11 can be found in the original 17.11 discussion

Update, now 2 more doors dropped off.

I’m currently on 000.017.00012. What should I expect? My Hub went offline today after I got an email yesterday saying it was going to update today. But it apparently is not at 17.11 or 17.12, but at: 000.017.00012 (Unless you are leaving out the ZEROS when you talk about the versions.)

Confused.

Zeros are generally left off… it’s padding for internal iterations

I suspect this is likely not explicitly tied to the firmware, but more about the Zigbee network rebuilding after the reboot. You might find that if you disable/re-enable device health, the sensors will begin reporting again. If not, you might (unfortunately, I know) need to unplug and replug a repeater somewhere in the network. If you are having continued issues, contact support and we can help.

I disabled device health and they came back. But if I enable device health they go away again. So I am leaving device health off untill I get home on Monday.

I just got my email, I am up tomorrow, please pray for my hub, LOL!

2 Likes

Not sure what happened but my hub has been down for awhile now. When I go in and ping it, I get “The hub responded 10444.834 seconds ago, on Thu Apr 06 21:11:07 UTC 2017” which is 17:11 my time. Three hours it has been down and I don’t know how else to give it CPR. Unplugged, restarted, pulled the batteries… I think its dead… :frowning:

I had this before the update. The unavailable has been happrning to people. I think the device health is still a little buggy.

See this thread is where I was directed to look.

I just waited for 45min after the hub was back online to see all my devices connected again. Most wereresumed within a few minutes though.