Hub Firmware Release Notes - 0.24.11

Does this address the issue that GE Zwave Dimmers turn on at 0% when triggered by Harmony Remote? They do not remember previous dimming level.

Yes, this should be fixed as well.

1 Like

I have reached out to Yale folks and discuss the issue with them. They did mention that they will let their customer service know that the issue is not a SmartThings issue and perhaps there is stuff to be worked out on their side. We are in contact with them, hopefully we can help them get to the bottom of the issue. In the meantime, I would like you to reach out to them again and see if there is a known defect on their side. I know this is annoying, specially in this industry where you would like to just purchase something and have it just work without the headache of trying to get replacements.

4 Likes

@johnconstantelo
Excellent, so most of my GE are older 12XXX (Is this correct?) and new zwave plus are 14XXX (Is this correct?)

I have one 45612 that I installed because it does not require a neutral.

That one was purchased I think in 2015

I excluded my devices as part of the beta bug but and it worked fine but the firmware keeps breaking them! Could this be fixed before it goes to the masses

OK posted this in the Beta thread aslo!
OK folks what am I missing. Installed but things running local no longer interact with IDE. Example I turn on a device that runs local it doesn’t show in the Live Logging. Not even showing the device as being activated. Is this something planned. Or do I have something wrong? When I usually turn on my Den Dimmer or Den Lamp it interacts with WebCore and speaks through my Samsung R1. Well nothing happens. within IDE. No Live Logging showing switch was turned on.

Unfortunately, IDE and Live Logging issues are not related to the firmware :slight_smile:

Hi @professordave, your 12x and 14x devices are ok - but, not the 45612 dimmer. Based on my experience with this beta release, you will eventually have a problem with that device. ALL my 45612’s (3) had problems with 24.10

See this Post @Melanie_Tovey

That what I expected the answer would be. Strange it all happened when the Firmware BETA was installed.

Can we get this firmware held for the US?

There’s a hurricane coming. I will not be happy if a firmware update bricks my hub.

Will the OTA for the multi sensor fix the battery level being misreported?

Really frustrating when it shows 70% or so and is dead the next day.

@Kianoosh_Karami, what does the Cree Bulb firmware update address?

This is why I hate forced updates.

1 Like

We do a huge amount of testing of the update process and have added numerous safeguards to the updates to prevent failed updates, i.e. bricks. This includes testing if power is lost during an update. So you don’t have anything to worry about aside from the hurricane itself. Stay safe!

9 Likes

i have quite a few of the 1xxxx GE switches and dimmers and they seem to have the random disconnect all the time

the newer ZWAVE Plus devices seem to work ok…

Slowly changing all my ZWAVE devices out to ZWAVE plus (over 10 switches…)

Hey all - there was a last minute bump of the version for this release. The correct final release version for Hub firmware is 0.24.11

5 Likes

All of my GE devices became unavailable after this update. Same thing in July. WTF, I mean, seriously? Why do I have to reenroll half of my devices once a quarter? I simply don’t understand how a company can be this disorganized and offer no support whatsoever.

2 Likes

Not sure how my username is relevant, as it conforms to all site policies.

I never enrolled in any beta program. Further, I see nothing about this release being a beta.

My issues with this production device and firmware remain.

Half of my devices show as unavailable after this release.

This same issue occurred in July. How do I resolve it, please? Looking for helpful feedback, not personal attacks.

Another user mentioned a couple of their devices became unavailable after the firmware update. They rebooted their hub and everything was fine after that.

2 Likes