Hub Firmware Release Notes - 0.24.11

Rebooted (again). Same devices are showing offline. I have also cycled the switches with no luck.

Offline- All of my GE/JASCO devices (dimmers, switches, smokes), along with my thermostat with USNAP Module
Works fine- All other devices (hue, osram, aeotec, and floods)

contact ST support at https://support.smartthings.com

Did that this morning. Awaiting reply. It just sucks because I cant just wait days for them to get to it. I have to remove and add now so they workā€¦ root cause will never be identified with the current support system in place. Looking forward to the same thing on next update.

Thanks a ton for your attempt! Greatly appreciate it. Have a good night.

This update seems to have left my hub (V2) in an unresponsive state. It just shows a solid red light at the front. Is it safe to restart the hub to try and fix this? Itā€™s been in this state for several hours now, and the app reports that the hub is offline.

BTW, it would be nice if the general ā€œIs my Hubā€™s firmware up to date?ā€ help page (or similar) would list an option to address potential error scenarios. The page on LED colours also doesnā€™t mention a solid red light, just blinking.

Thanks!

You shouldnā€™t have to remove and readd. Sometimes just pulling the airgap switch and turning the device on/off a few times works, or a Replace will do the trick. I have over 70 GE switches, and I canā€™t remember any time where I had to remove them and add them back.

Itā€™s a PITA, I know.

EDIT: Ironically, I just did that to one of my offline GE switches, and itā€™s back to normal for now. 4 more to goā€¦

2 Likes

could it be magenta instead of red?

1 Like

Like @jkp asked, magenta? If so, your hub is in process of getting updated. I would not power cycle it.

1 Like

Iā€™m pretty sure itā€™s solid red. Itā€™s been in that state for almost four hours now. It surely shouldnā€™t take that long for the update to be applied?!

Ouch, yeahā€¦ Email support. I canā€™t remember what red means. Try a quick search. It may be OK to reboot it (remove the batteries too).

EDIT:

Maybe the reboot will do the trick:

1 Like

Attempted both air gap (or power cycle on others) and attempted replace function with no luck. After removing / excluding and readding I am unable to control any of them, although they show added successfully. I have exhausted my time for this tonight. I sincerely appreciate the assistance. Have to go turn on the landscaping lights now.

I had about 6 or 7 Z-wave devices go ā€˜unavailableā€™ but otherwise operational before this firmware update.

But my main issue right now is that since the FW update I have about 6 Iris Zigbee devices unresponsive. I have taken the battery out and replaced in all of them and some are coming back for a short while then going offline again. I have yet to try resetting them (lack of time right now).

I donā€™t know if maybe they are repeating through Cree bulbs that have now updated their FW or this is some other issue. Perhaps I need to power off my hub for half hour to make the mesh rebuild? Anyone else with Cree bulbs seeing this issue? All my Crees have updated their FW since the hub FW update today.

Prior to these events my devices have been fairly stable for a while. The Iris Zigbees are usually rock solid. I think this has to be due to the Cree bulb FW update. Yes, I have been told that Cree bulbs are weak repeaters BUT prior to now Iā€™ve not had issues.

I really donā€™t have hours to spend on this right now so basically my system is royally screwed for the time being.

1 Like

This is a production update being discussed in a production update thread. Not part of the beta.

1 Like

OK - thanks! That seems to have done the trick. The app reports that the hub is on the new firmware.

2 Likes

Submitting a support email shortlyā€¦ my zwave devices are so slow now itā€™s extremely noticeable, even local devices. I definitely did not see this type of issue with the latest beta.

Performance degradation is experienced when trying to use devices via the mobile app and automations.

Something doesnā€™t feel right, and Iā€™m having flashbacks of some past bad updatesā€¦

Support Request : #627131

3 Likes

Exact same issue with me. Solid Red light and hub offline. Power cycle now has blinking blue light. What is the fix?

If I remember right, blinking blue means no network or itā€™s trying to get connected?

Crapā€¦ I just had an Iris motion sensor dropā€¦ and 3 more zwave devices go offlineā€¦

wtf is going onā€¦ for months I was stable, and now this crap.

@Kianoosh_Karami, for your benefit, 1 of my GE switches that when offline and needed the airgap switch trick was a 1xxxx series device, which Jasco did fix their bug. Upstairs Bathroom Ceiling Light (MSR: 0063-4952-3032). The buggy GE devices I believe are MSR: 0063-5257-3533.

So now what I do? That It is not getting connected to network?

First, just double check you have a good connection and nothing funky is going on with your network (Iā€™m sure itā€™s fine). Try power cycling the ST hub 1 more time (pull batteries too). Leave it off for about a minute, and power back on.

9:17PM yesterday hub went offline for the update. Everything working OK before the update. This morning solid Red LED. Unplugged and since the. Blinking blue. Have tried multiple time no luck. Why updates have to be pushed on working units? I donā€™t need. Now I have to spend hours to fix this.

Any other suggestion?

1 Like