Hub Firmware Release Notes - 0.24.11

Earlier you said some devices showed disconnected. Is this still an issue?

All the disconnect issues were in the new app. I uninstalled that app to make sure it wasn’t causing my other issues. It wasn’t.

I have to say as a software engineer I’m very disappointed that SmartThings would release such a buggy firmware update. I’ve literally lost control over all my z-wave devices (but my Z-Wave Plus devices work fine). So far support has provided a generic list of things to try and none of them worked. Why can’t they just admit the firmware had issues and re-release the previous version until the major flaws are fixed.

Alarm didn’t disarm at sunrise, like it has for the last year or so, blaring siren went off Saturday morning; wife wasn’t amused.

Been there, done that!

Update on the Cree Connected bulb flashing issue that I reported to Support:

Thank you for contacting SmartThings, and for providing your screen shots. I’m sorry that you’re encountering issues with your Cree bulbs flashing momentarily at random intervals, and for the delay in replying to your request for support, but I would be happy to help.

We are currently investigating an issue regarding ZigBee bulbs exhibiting this behavior. I am linking our correspondence to the tracking of this issue. We will reach out should we need additional information, or as updates become available.

Your patience is tremendously appreciated!

Kind regards,

Michelle B

Technical Support Agent

4 Likes

It’s interesting they said “Zigbee bulbs” as my Sylvania/Osram ones haven’t been exhibiting this behavior. I hope they get it all worked out for you.

Yes, I noted that comment too.

I hope it’s fixed soon. My office desk lamp is auditioning for a part in Poltergeist I think.

3 Likes

Same as that. New battery down to 1% in 4 days. Never before. On two Samsung motion sensors.

Same as that mate

I contacted Cree, since I assume the firmware update is from them. They’re sending me 10 new bulbs at no cost. I wonder if I should assume the new bulbs are firmware ready and won’t have the same trouble.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. We’ve had a lot of customers with the same complaint, that the latest firmware causes the bulbs to fail. We can try replacing the bulbs and see if that fixes the problem. Just respond to this email with the color temperature - Soft White or Daylight and the quantity that failed.

Please feel free to contact us by replying to this message or call us at 1-866-924-3645, option 1, if we may be of any further assistance.

UPDATE from Cree below regarding the new bulbs they’re sending me.

These should be fine. For some reason, the bulbs don’t work with the new firmware if they’ve worked on the previous update.

1 Like

I finished migrating devices yesterday and finished moving my automations today. No longer using ST for anything other than 2 cloud integrations. Hopefully will be able to move those over soon too.

2 Likes

Looks like mine just started working about 8 hours ago. Didn’t notice it until tonight as I was literally taking a new Iris motion sensor out of the box to replace it. Firmware has not changed since the one that seemed to break it recently (10/12?). I did remove it and add it multiple times over the last week to no avail. The new battery I installed last week went from 100% down to 67% quickly, which is what it reads now.
Perplexing…

Wow I just saw the same thing on 2 of my Samsung motion sensors, one of the older centralites(the great ones) and 1 of the junk ones (motionv4) that you have to be 3 feet in front of for it to work

On the same path as you. I have some other tougher integrations to move…but all but 2 of my wireless devices are moved.

2 Likes

I am now really considering Hubitat too but apart from a couple little things the mayor issue for me is the lack of Google Home/Assistant integration as my family uses it a lot… I understand it is already mostly done but Google is taking its sweet time approving it, no one knows when/if they’ll do it…

I think I’m gonna buy it and start playing with it…

4 Likes

I too am now considering Hubitat. The only reason I am considering Hubitat , is because I cannot handle spending 5 dollars every week for a new 2450 battery.

Multiplied by 5, which is the number of ST sensors that continue to kill by battery life after the firmware update. Some of those sensors are on their second battery in a week

1 Like

My advice on the ST branded sensors… throw them away and use the money to buy Iris Sensors… They’ve never been anything but a problem.

2 Likes

Iris sensors are now hard to come by as iris is being discontinued

Where’s that news coming from?

1 Like