We’re excited to announce the start of a new SmartThings Hub Firmware Beta. Version 0.41.x will begin rolling out in batches starting on Jan 13th; we will send out an email when we start updating Hubs. We will be paying close attention to any issues encountered by users so your hub may not get updated right away. The hub will be offline for about a minute during the update. See below for more specific details about the update.
If you haven’t seen our recent announcement announcing the beta release of SmartThings Edge - a new architecture for Hubs that use Device Drivers and Rules to execute Hub Connected devices with lower latency, higher reliability, and… local execution . Please check out that announcement here.
- Samsung SmartThings Hub 2015 (Hub v2)
- Samsung SmartThings Hub 2018 (Hub v3)
Release Date: 13 January 2022 ~ 14 January 2022
Note that this release will be spread over the listed days, so you may not see your Hub update on the first day of the release period. We will post on this thread once all users should have received the update.
- Reduce CPU and Memory consumption in various components
- Bugfix for stale tcp socket connects timing out and killing the driver process
- Bugfix for Edge Driver backed Zigbee devices with the Power Meter capability reporting power levels that were off by a factor of 1000 (incorrect conversions between Watts and Kilowatts)
- Add AnalogInput Zigbee cluster to the library
- Allow usage of the
"visibility"field for edge driver events.
- Fix colorTemperature rounding inconsistencies
- Add Particulate Matter 1 constants for Z-Wave Multilevel Sensor Command Class
Anyone who participated in the previous beta (0.40.x) is automatically signed up for this one.
If you’d like to participate in the beta, but haven’t taken the survey yet: Sign Up Here