We’re excited to announce the start of a new SmartThings Hub Firmware Beta. Version 0.37.x will begin rolling out in batches starting in the week of May 17th; we will send out an email when we start updating Hubs. We will be paying close attention to any issues encountered by users so your hub may not get updated right away. The hub will be offline for about a minute during the update. See below for more specific details about the update.
- Samsung SmartThings Hub 2015 (Hub v2)
- Samsung SmartThings Hub 2018 (Hub v3)
- Aeotec Smart Home Hub 2021
- May 17th - May 21st, 2021
Z-Wave Enhancements : Auto “Ghost Node” Cleanup – ”Ghost Nodes” are Z-Wave Nodes that do not match with a device that exists in the SmartThings App. Starting with this firmware release, we added the ability to the Hub to periodically search for Ghost Nodes and automatically attempt to delete them from the Z-Wave Network. Removing these Ghost Nodes may help improve the health of certain Z-Wave networks.
- When a Ghost Node is removed, a hub event is observable in the legacy SmartThings Groovy IDE: zw removed device: XX, where XX is the Z-Wave Node of the removed Ghost Node .
- Ghost Node deletion starts within 24 hours of a hub reboot or update and occurs periodically.
- Zigbee Enhancements: Firmware update for the Schlage BE468GB
Anyone who participated in the previous beta (0.36.x) is automatically signed up for this one.
If you’d like to participate in the beta, but haven’t taken the survey yet: Sign Up Here