Hub Firmware Beta 0.37.x

I have the new firmware on my beta hub but my Zigbee version has remained at 2.9.0, which means it can still be a lifeboat for my IKEA buttons.

I don’t know about that but i have noticed that in the last couple of days, when a device’s battery runs out, i don’t have to readd the device after i change the battery. This is true for my smartthings presence sensor and my ikea button. And for some reason my zigbee version is now on 5.3.0

@garrett.kranz can we please know what is new in this version?

1 Like

The Zigbee firmware 5.3.0 is essentially the same as 5.2.1 with a fix for a recently identified security vulnerability where a particular message (intentionally malformed and rarely used) would lock up the Zigbee radio for a short period of time (less than 10 seconds). In reality, there is no difference between 5.2.1 and 5.3.0 for our users. As always we strive to keep our Zigbee and Z-Wave stack up to date.

4 Likes

Thanks. Do you plan to add ziggbe green power as well?

I had these yesterday:

They seem to be gone today after the hub updated. I’ll keep monitoring.

Not at the moment.

I have one I’m watching and I’m not deleting it manually to see what happens.

@cbaumler how often does the hub run the ghost detect / cleanup? (Basically, how long should I let it cook before I go back and check to see if it removed the ghost I think I have.)

Ghost detection/removal runs every 24 hours currently, starting from when you received the updated firmware.

3 Likes

Ok thanks for the info

Hey @cbaumler and @Kianoosh_Karami are there any plans to add announcements back in the community by you guys? I really miss the updates you used to give us before the whole thing blew up last year. Please talk with who you need to in order to get this back. Us that are still around from the original members are die hard fans that are thursty for some heads up and info on what is coming. If anyone agrees with me, please like this post.

6 Likes

This happened automatically:

Did it run the z-wave exclusion automatically?

That was my question exactly Jimmy… So that log said it ran at 630-ish PM Eastern time and the log acrolls off before i count 25 seconds. If it ACTUALLY runs an exclusion and ACTUALLY keeps it live for more than 30 seconds? The odds of this accidentally excluding a single touch device such as a Jasco switch becomes high unless theres some logic around not letting it run in peak hours maybe?

If its not a ‘real’ exclude please change the logging. It scared me.

3 Likes

@cbaumler One of my working Zwave device had been automatically removed after the hub update. Could not find anything in the hub events

Fyi @nathancu

Yup! I didn’t do anything to start that pricess. I suppose if someone used a zwave device around that time it could have excluded that device as well. i have less than 10 zwave devices now, and all those are still there. We’d need @Kianoosh_Karami to explain this new process.

1 Like

Please create a ticket in Centercode, and we’ll investigate.

When a ghost node is detected, the hub attempts to force delete that node. General exclusion is not enabled as part of the process.

@johnconstantelo just to confirm, you’re sure you did nothing to trigger that exclusion?

Has anyone else noticed this happening when a ghost node was removed?

I have now created a ticket

This happened automatically for me today. Dont know whats been removed

Yup, confirmed @cbaumler. I didn’t do anything to kick off that process. I hardly have any Zwave device anymore, and I rarely even kick off a repair. I definitely don’t add any new ones, and haven’t removed one in months.

1 Like