Hub Firmware Beta 0.32.12

Hi all - We are releasing a new hub firmware to our beta users tomorrow, Oct 20th, with fixes to address a couple of issues detailed below. This is expected to be short beta period with production rollout following shortly after. As always thanks for being beta testers!

Version: 0.32.12

Hub Target:

• Samsung SmartThings Hub (Hub v2)
  • Samsung SmartThings Hub (Hub v3) (2018)

Release Date: 20 October 2020

Release Notes:

Fixes

• Sonos
    • Fixed issue that could prevent Sonos devices from being discovered or controlled if they are part of a Sonos household containing a large (8+) number of speakers.
    • Fixed issue where favorites for a Sonos device were not being displayed or updated correctly in the SmartThings app.
  • Z-Wave
    • Fixed issue that could result in the Hub Z-Wave framework sending duplicate messages in a loop when force deleting devices.
5 Likes

How would we know if we were experiencing this issue? I have been having problems with device removal so it would be good to know.

You need to manually force a zwave device to be deleted, then you would start seeing all your Z-Wave devices go offline within a few hours and you won’t be able to control Z-Wave devices but everything else will continue working (ZigBee, WiFi etc would be very responsive) and finally when you open your IDE Hub events, you’ll see it stuck in a loop of z-wave force delete events about 2-3 times per second.

1 Like

this would be interesting, I have over 12 Sonos devices and they usually fall off from the ST hub. have to turn off my main Sonos beam thats connected to LAN and then reconnect for ST to see the devices again (rest of Sonos is on SONOSNET WiFi)

looks like I got the update a couple hours ago

This is great. I opened up a ticket about this exact issue with my Sonos speakers last night. What was supports answer? Uninstall and reinstall the app. Then they told me the speakers needed updated to the new dth, without checking that they already were. How can support not see there is an outstanding issue and instead has me jumping thru hoops, recommending removing devices and uninstalling apps? On a positive note, I refused to uninstall the app, and didnt touch the speakers since they were already updated. Got the patch today, and all my speakers are back online.

1 Like

how to sign up for beta.?. I have few automations via sonos.

No need for this release as it is already being rolled out to everyone.

1 Like