Hub Firmware Beta 0.25.20

For those who are part of the 0.25.x beta test, we are releasing new firmware:

Version

Hub Targets

• Samsung SmartThings Hub (Hub V2)
  • Samsung SmartThings Hub (Hub V3) (2018)

Release Date

• 2/27/2019

Release Notes

• Enable Z-Wave Network Wide Inclusion by default when entering inclusion
  • Disabled hub reboot when button is pushed - use power cycle instead
2 Likes

You guys pushed this one quick! I got a notification saying my hub is online about a minute before I got the email about the update.

@Kianoosh_Karami

Take a look at device ID 91 (media room ceiling lights):

It was offline all day, and I did a Replace to get it to rejoin. It did for just a brief moment, and it was very slow to respond, but now it’s nor responding, and I suspect it will go offline in 30 minutes.

Here’s what I see in the event log when trying to replace:

If you are replacing the device, you probably would want to factory reset the device first (so it is removed from the network) and then try to replace it.

First thing it does, it checks to see if that device is responding, and if it is not, the next thing it ends up doing checks to see if there is any device that can be included, so if the device was not excluded or not factory reset, you cannot really replace it.

Got it, no problem. I’ll exclude it and try again. I don’t have many automations for it, so I can rebuild them.

Doing it in 5 minutes.

@Kianoosh_Karami,

I excluded it, and just included it back again:

It found it as a “Z-Wave Dimmer Switch Generic”, not a “Dimmer Switch” like all my others (and in the image in the post above).

Here’s how it looks, and it is NOT controllable:

Screenshot_20190227-180545

IDE view:

Change the DTH to Dimmer Switch doesn’t help.

Any ideas?

EDIT : this is one way of getting me to replace my zwave devices with zigbee! :wink: The GE equivalent switch is really very good and fast, and I’ll be replacing this dimmer with a zigbee dimmer tomorrow.

Let me take a look at your hub logs

2 Likes

Interesting your prod model all show 0000. @Kianoosh_Karami FMR why/when does this happen? I’ve seen this a few times before also but didn’t know why it happens.

Can you elaborate on this? Which button are you referring to?

I excluded and rejoined it again, this time it took a little longer, but if found it correctly and it’s working:

Note that prod model is correct:

I believe all the zeros are due to the hub missing the node information frame. I have a few Aeon recessed door sensors that will not include properly due to that and their raw description is like that.

1 Like

Correct.

@aruffell Have you had a chance to exclude and reinclude those devices using this release?

Can you elaborate on this? Which button are you referring to?

Yes. The button in the back of the hub. Traditionally, a pin is used to press the button.

1 Like

you got an email? for some reason i was left out of that courtesy this time.

What is the current default on the stable release? It only goes to network wide after x seconds?

Well, actually I got an email from the forum (I have notifications turned on for new posts). I never actually got a true email notification.

I continue to have similar problems with the zwave include sometimes not getting mfr and prod data during inclusion. I have updated BUG-0044 with testing from today with 0.25.20 which shows the same inconsistent results as before.

It is on by default. We may opt to do something as you mentioned in the future releases, but nothing really planned for now.

Confused. So what change was made in the beta?

in 25.19 and older releases, Network wide inclusion was off. In this this release. we enabled it to match the previous production releases, we figured that maybe having Network wide inclusion could be the source of some of the issues, so we went ahead and experimented and we did not find any conclusive evidence that having NWI off was producing better results.

1 Like