Hub Firmware Beta 0.25.18

Okay, I think battery reporting is NOT correct. It reported 100% to SmartThings but battery shows really low in August lock app and asked to be replaced immediately !

August lock has never properly reported battery

Okay, I just replaced the 4 AA batteries in the August lock.

But prior to the battery replacement, in the SmartThings logs I see the battery level jump from 73% to 100% then back to 73% over and over.

The August lock app asked to replace battery immediately which I did.

It has not reported battery back to SmartThings yet. It has been an hour, I rebooted SmartThings and unplugged and plugged in the August connect dongle, which I am now realize that probably is not related to the zwave battery reporting as zwave is in the lock?

How is that possible? Did your wife or kids pushed the switch at the same time?

I was the only one in the house when I did it. No wife, kids, dog, or cat. Just me. The second device that was magically excluded was a Zooz power switch on a washing machine, and itā€™s located far from reach. Someone would have to move the machine to get to it!

That is super strange. And is likely a Zooz problem not ST.

Fibaro Double Switch 2 channel 2 still shows up as checking status and when i check in the IDE it shows execution location as CLOUD.

What is going on? wasnā€™t 25.17 supposed to change execution location for this device to local? The device is working fine on the old smartthings app and it used to work just fine!

It has been 2 months now and it is still not fixed. Please give me an answer as i have contacted support and they have no clue. Oh and also they suggested i should use the legacy app. Go figure!

Perhaps, but thereā€™s no way for me to know because since the device was excluded, the event logs went goodbye too, so thereā€™s no way for me to see if the device did anything or acknowledge a command from the hub that wasnā€™t intended for it.

Iā€™ve had this problem a few times over the last few years, but it hasnā€™t cropped up again until now, and itā€™s been across all range of devices. Itā€™s happened enough (and just plain disappearing devices) that I export my device list whenever I add/remove anything.

1 Like

I can confirm that this is the case. The data management team has been tweaking the limit to find the optimal value. @E_Sch I recommend you report your issues on the linked thread and check back there for updates.

I expect this is by design. @tonesto7

what a messā€¦ new data limits that are not documented, not defined (and apparently changing), implemented without notice and without any ability to troubleshootā€¦ is this the new approach to killing custom code?

This is EXACTLY why I am getting away from the cloud as fast as I can. You are completely at the whim of whomever controls the service and whatever changes they decide to make. This is a perfect example.

It looks like we forgot to update the DTH to enable local execution. Weā€™ll get that change made shortly.

Edit: It turns out we intentionally left the DTH executing in the cloud. As of now, we donā€™t support local execution of multi-endpoint devices. So Fibaro Double Switch 2 ZW5 local execution should not have been part of the release notes. Iā€™ve updated them accordingly. Sorry for the confusion.

Is Z-Wave Lock with Codes supposed to be local? I had been using just the Z-Wave Lock DTH, but noticed that it wasnā€™t able to write new codes to my Kwikset 914 Z-Wave Plus. Switching from the Z-Wave Lock to Z-Wave Lock with Codes DTH resolved the issue, but runs in the cloud.

If youā€™re referring to this DTH, then yes, it has the flag set to run locally.

https://github.com/SmartThingsCommunity/SmartThingsPublic/blob/c7affb54f135d338f119a78d957313ee3e5b4785/devicetypes/smartthings/zwave-lock.src/zwave-lock.groovy#L17

Maybe Iā€™m misunderstanding what youā€™re asking about, but it looks like your ā€œFront Door Lockā€ which is running this DTH is indicating in the IDE that itā€™s running locally.

Yes, and when I try to program codes it doesnā€™t work (times out without the lock responding). Iā€™ve been having to switch to the ā€œZ-Wave Lock with Codesā€ DTH when I want to program codes, but then switch back to ā€œZ-Wave Lockā€ to run locally.

I can confirm that the ā€œZ-Wave Lock with Codesā€ DTH is not set to run locally. Adding local execution is not planned as part of this firmware release. However, you could add it as a suggestion in Centercode, and weā€™ll consider it for a future release.

1 Like

i thought ā€œZ-wave lock with codesā€ was deprecated for ā€œz-wave lockā€? It isnā€™t listed in GitHub any more.

1 Like

It looks like ā€œZ-Wave Lock with Codesā€ was intended for development use only. @swamplynx It also looks like ā€œZ-Wave Lockā€ should allow you to program codes. Could you do me a favor and log your issue as a bug in Centercode so that we can track it? Then one of our engineers will investigate further.

Ok so is there something you can do the DTH in order for the second channel of the fibaro double switch 2 works on the ap?