Hub and 2 ST plugs for £1 when you sign up to bulb

Morning all, found out this weekend that if you sign up to Bulb Energy using the link below you can buy a Hub and 2 SmartThings Plugs for only £1. I am already a bulb Energy member so no help to me but i did find when i logged into my bulb account, within the account settings there is a link to a Samsung site where i can buy ST Hardware and other Samsung hardware at a discounted price. Always interested in saving money!

Can’t find any links within the app Steve to the st discount items, guess it’s a web login offer

I looked into getting a smart meter from bulb but it seemed way cheaper to stay on a fixed tariff with no bulb smart meter, my kw/h cost is a lot cheaper than with a meter which appears from reading there smart meter tariffs blurb to be almost double what im paying now

Do you have a smart meter ?? How you finding it if so ? We do have a smart meter fitted but it is smets1 which bulb claim might work on there system sometime 2020 although im not holding my breath

HI Fido, no the link to the discount site is within the Bulb account page and you have to login to your bulb account to find it. There was no additional cost to me to have the Smart meter installed and the app on ST just shows me my energy usage in real time so I can see what’s going on when I am out of the house. My tariff I got with Bulb was cheaper than most of the tariffs I looked at so was happy to move to bulb and that’s their vari-fair tariff not the Smart tariff.

Yes the Smats1 meter’s don’t currently provide data to any other provider than the company you had it installed with but I believe this will change sometime in 2020 though don’t quote me on that lol.

Looked and looked and looked Steve, no sign of any links from the web portal for me unfortunately. We are also vari-fair, I did go through with the sign up to read the meter every 30 mins, our smets1 meter is fully smart with a decent ihd so it might be a early candidate for connection, just wish i could find that discount link

It comes up by just clicking on the above. Seems its only open to new customers.
I have Bulb and it seems to be pretty cheap and i’ve had no issues.

Hi David,
I do not have a ST hub and planning to start my home automation project. I also dont know what electricity rates are we getting but I think its been well past the contract end date.
Is this offer (ST hub + 2 plugs) real?
Would you suggest that I should go for it?
I am not interested in monitoring how much energy we are using. I am only interested in a good rate and a free ST kit.
Please advise

NO idea if you should go for it??
They are a decent company and everyone I know has moved to them as “comparatively” they are cheaper than others.
Just do a price comparison…

It’s definitely real. I have the hub and plugs

1 Like

I’ve been with bulb a few months and my energy bills are much lower than the previous supplier, usually £20 month cheaper. I was disappointed with the offer only available to new customers but bulb customers should be able to get a discount on smartthings WWW.SAMSUNG.COM/UK/STORE/BULB/ I got that link from Samsung customer service after asking about the £1 offer. Unfortunately I don’t seem to be able to get access to this either so I’ve messaged bulb customer service (got a reply :astonished:) and can only assume that my email address hasn’t been validated with Samsung site as a bulb customer because I can’t get past the screen to confirm without telling me to enter a valid email address. BULB said they’ll look into it so I guess I can only imagine the delights that await on the other side of that discount portal login page. Talk about tease and denial, OH MY WORD! I was not happy, went off having a proper little tantrum. Spent a while having a big sulk and moan to myself, it’s just not fair that the offer being only available by signing up for bulb through the Samsung link so to be a little smartarse I did just that, my details were still stored in the autofill on my browser so I clicked through the link and pages and then nothing. I don’t know what I thought would happen, I don’t know what did happen but I got an email a few weeks later…

1 Like

I am registered with both, been with Bulb probably 2 years, even brought other customers over to them, no link for me, no reply from Bulb customer services, for me the offer is just not accessible, for whatever reason existing customers … as is usual these days, count for jack

No @fido, the Samsung bulb store link was given to me by Samsung after I asked about existing customers getting the offer or similar, I was told only new customers were eligible. I’ve never seen that link on the bulb Web page or my account, samsung customer service even tried to help me find it, it should have been under account details on the bulb website. I wasn’t given any links to get the £1 SignUp offer. I was just annoyed with not being able to get the offer being a existing customer and then unable to get any access to the existing Bulb customer discounts. I just was having a tantrum and clicked the link that was for the referral to Join Bulb as a new customer http://bulb.co.uk/smartthings and dunno what caused it, maybe I broke it, maybe it was a glitch, I just went through the pages like I did when I joined bulb, my info was saved in autofill so clicked through and got a welcome to bulb message and can only guess there was some automated thing on their end to put my email on the mailing list for the promo code for new users.

I still have no idea how to use anything on it and so far Alexa turned super dumb never knowing which lights I’m telling her to turn off and Google telling me that I have problems with 12 of my lights when I only have 5 bulbs :sob:

Hi Stephie

Did you get your SmartThings working yet?

Not properly to be of much use @Basher1967 but I’m just playing around with it and just trying to figure out what I want to do with it. It’s all getting very complicated very fast. It’d be good to get something to show the energy usage for the plugs in some graph or something. I got one plugged into the washing machine and wanna get it to tell me when itsy finished the cycle and switch off the machine/plug.

Does anyone have the details of the customer support department dealing with this offer? I switched to Bulb 3 months ago and still haven’t had the offer code, so far have spoken to Bulb support, SmartThings support, Samsung Store Support, Samsung Promotions support and even email the Samsung CEO, everyone has passed me to a different department with the exception of the email the CEO feature, who ignored me! Just trying to get the code I should have been sent by now!

1 Like

Same
Banging my head against a brick wall

So frustrated. Only signed up for this

I checked my old emails. I had a conversation with support@smartthings.com when I received a code that could not be redeemed (Sorted now as I have the kit) her email sig was :

Hannah
SmartThings Support

www.smartthings.co.uk

1 Like

You see this is the really frustrating thing, noone seems to take ownership unless your lucky. My last conversation with SmartThings support (that was with Fiona) resulted in them telling me to go back to Samsung Store, who have now started completely ignoring me!

Thanks for the tip though @Tim_Jones, i may go back to SmartThings support.

Thanks

Ben

1 Like

Good luck !

I’m afraid sorting out the samsung bit is only the first half of the battle. I then went on to find my gen 1 smart meter wasn’t compatible and have been waiting for Bulb to agree to come out and install gen2 meters (Now on hold due to lockdown obviously)

Ahh now I already have gen2 meters, whether they are compatible or not is a different thing, but I have uses for the hub and smart sockets without the energy monitoring features.

I have just listed my touchpoints with samsung, and between Store, SmartThings, Promotions and SMB support over phone, email, webchat and twitter I have ended up doing 14 different support items for this (they are just initial contacts, not ongoing conversations), so end of tether is a bit of an understatement!

I wonder if anyone from @admins on this board have any other secret way they can help!

1 Like