How to implement OAuth2 on our app to allow users to connect to their smarthings account

Hi, we need to use OAuth2 for authentication to allow our app users to connect to their smart things accounts in order to control various smart devices that they have. Is there any documentation that shows how to do this? I tried to click on the form available on the link below to submit a request but the link is not working. Looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks.

Hi @nayelyz @posborne could you please get back to me on this.

Hello, @Victorc

I am Andres, a member of the Developer Support team. Thank you for contacting us.

Currently, the OAuth integration is not available since we are working to improve it. Since you are writing as a part of a company (I assume), we encourage you to make a request to the Partners program. The way to do this is by:

1. Go to this page
  2. Click the Become a Partner
  3. Fill in the questionnaire

This will submit a request to the Business Development team, they will analyze your case and they will get in touch if interested in pursuing this partnership. Just a heads up, they may take a while to do so, so please be patient.

Please, let us know if you have any questions.

1 Like

Thanks for the prompt reply @andresg, I have a couple of questions:

1. When would the OAuth integration be available again, is there an expected timeline for when the update will be completed?
  2. I’m writing as a part of a company, how long do the business development team typically take to reply?
  3. Is there a way we can submit an appeal as an organization to be given special access to OAuth integration as this is a vital integration in our app that’s set to be lunched soon.

Thanks.

Hi, @Victorc

You already have a ticket created about this same concern. Let’s continue our conversation over there, shall we? It is quite confusing to have two different channels of comunications over the same questions.

Sure thing thanks @andresg