How to Get the Manufacturer ID and Model (fingerprint) without the IDE?

if you are not able to get the model from seller or supplier, how you guys to get the Zigbee/Z-Wave Devices Manufacturer information and Model? I know CLI we can see the Manufacturer, but we not able to get the Model.
But if you want to do the integration, will need to insert the model in the fingerprint right?

I don’t have any Z-Wave devices to try but you can get the model for Zigbee if you ask for JSON or YAML output. Works for Edge and DTH.

{
    "deviceId": "xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx",
    "name": "one-button-battery",
    "label": "Bla bla bla bla",
    "deviceManufacturerCode": "eWeLink",
    "manufacturerName": "SmartThingsCommunity",
    "deviceModel": "WB01",
deviceId: xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx
name: SONOFF Plug
label: Yakkity Yak
deviceManufacturerCode: SONOFF
manufacturerName: SmartThings
deviceModel: S26R2ZB

Hi @Steven_Lim

For Zigbee devices, by installing Zigbee Thing Mc you will be able to see the data of the device when paired.

For Zwave you can install Z-Wave Thing Mc or Z-Wave Device Config Mc

There are also other @ygerlovin driver, i think

3 Likes

Thank Mariano… also would like to let you know… currently I had tested with the Fibaro RGBW 2. your Driver is not working. The driver not able to get the Colour change… I had tested with others driver as well, but also the same… not working…

how to ask for the json or YAML output? using CLI? and what command?

–help will answer your questions.

You can also use the web-based utility API + from @TAustin . This give you access to your account details, including detailed device information. You can get to it just from a webpage, so some people may find it a little easier than setting up the CLI. So just another option.

It’s a nice format if you’re tired of looking at JSON. :wink:

@Mariano_Colmenarejo recently posted a screenshot from API + which is a good example:

Or as of August 2023, you can now find it on the advanced page of the new web interface:

my.SmartThings.com/advanced

1 Like

Also, to summarize the requirements for each of these three methods:

All three methods require that you have the device and have added it to your smartthings account. Once that is done, you can use whichever of the following three works best for you.

1. official feature. Download the CLI (a developer tool provided by smartthings) onto a laptop. Unpack the files and run the program. Then follow the instructions upthread to access the device data.

2. community-built webpage, API BROWSER+. You can use this with any mobile device connected to the Internet, it’s just a webpage. There is a setup step the first time, but after that, it’s quite easy.

3. use one of @Mariano_Colmenarejo ‘s generic edge drivers, Zigbee thing or zwave thing, as described upthread. Then review the information on the details page in the smartthings app. You subscribe to Mariano’s channel like any other custom edge driver channel and select the appropriate driver to download to your own hub. And then assign that driver to the device you want to check.

All three of these give you the same information about the fingerprint, it’s just that the setup and access process is different.

3 Likes