How to control Schlage locks in new ST app?

(James) #1

Sort of new to ST and the new app (I never had the “old” app which is called Classic now). Through some searching on the forum, it appears there was an add-on to the Classic app called “Smart Locks” that could do things like manage user codes in your locks. I just recently got a Schlage touchscreen deadbolt and added it to the devices for my ST hub.

It doesn’t appear to me that this functionality is built into the new app. I’ve set up for ST to notify me when someone unlocks the lock. And I can unlock and lock the Schlage through the app. But I don’t see that level of detailed control of the lock, like user codes that time out, or user codes that can only be used once, or whatever.

Thanks
James

Do you mean to connect to it using the new app? How are you trying to control the lock from the new app?
The instructions for connecting are here:

(Jimmy) #3

for some reason they haven’t added the smart locks smart app to the new app yet. not really sure why they haven’t since i believe it uses the new api. Right now the Classic app is your only choice. you can use both side by side.

(www.rboyapps.com - Make your home your butler!) #4

You can safely use the Classic app for now (using your same Samsung credentials) and it’ll open up many new features and custom lock controls which aren’t there as yet in the new ST app.

Smart Locks on the Classic app is a nice app for basic user management, add and delete (if you forget your code you’ll have to delete and recreate a user).

If you’re looking for more advanced controls (like taking actions when a user uses a code or how they used the code, from inside/outside/remotely etc) or custom user types (expiration, one time, scheduled, presence etc), you will need custom apps like this one (if you have access to RBoy Apps):

This app also works with the new ST app and shows up under the Automation tab (once installed through the Classic) so you can control/manage your users from there.

(James) #5

You can safely use the Classic app for now (using your same Samsung credentials) and it’ll open up many new features and custom lock controls which aren’t there as yet in the new ST app.

Thanks for the reply. I didn’t realize I could use the Classic app. I’ll give it a try and see what extra control I get. I don’t understand why they haven’t added this kind of detail functionality into the new app, if the old app already had it.

This app also works with the new ST app and shows up under the Automation tab (once installed through the Classic) so you can control/manage your users from there.

So, RBoy Apps runs inside the ST app? I definitely don’t want to have multiple separate apps to control my stuff. But, if it shows up inside, that sounds cool. If it’s inside Automations, how do you add lock user codes, or setup a user that expires, etc?

(Jimmy) #6

His apps show up under the automations tab in the new app

(www.rboyapps.com - Make your home your butler!) #7

All the apps run in the ST Cloud. The new ST app and the Classic app are just different ways to access the installed devices and installed SmartApps (think of them as two different dashboards). However the new app doesn’t allow you to install custom apps as yet. So once you install the custom apps using the ST Classic app (you can find step by step installation instructions on our website), as @prjct92eh2 said you will find them show up under the Automations tab in the new app. From there you can open it and manage the users. In fact you can use both the Classic app and the new ST app at the same time (remember it’s the same installed apps on the platform, just different dashboards to interact with them).