[RELEASE] Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock, Schlage, Yale, Kwikset, IDLock, DanaLock, August Pro, Samsung, Locstar, KeyWe Locks and Popp Z-Wave Keypad Device Handler with Alarm Control, Notification, RFID, Door Sensor and advanced features

smartapp_alerts
dth_locks
smartapp_security
smartapp_locks
rboyapps

(www.rboyapps.com - Make your home your butler!) #1

UPDATED:

This Universal “future proof” Z-Wave Lock device handler is enhanced to Fix bugs in the Stock ST Z-Wave Device Type AND add some additional features specific to Schlage, Yale and Kwikset locks. This works with all Z-Wave locks (Yale, Kwikset, Monoprice, Schlage etc). It discovers/learns the lock features and automatically configures them. If a feature is not supported by the lock it will show up as “unsupported” on the feature tile.

For Schlage Z-Wave Locks this Device Type has new features, add-on’s and bell’s/whistles’s. It has been tested with the FE469, BE469, BE468, FE599 and BE369. It should also work with other Schlage Z-Wave locks. Features include (some features exclusive to some models):

1. Ability to configure the Local Alarm Mode on the lock (Off/Alert/Tamper/Forced Entry) (FE469/BE469 only)
  2. Ability to configure the sensitivity of the Alarm for each mode (from Highest to Lowest in 5 steps) (FE469/BE469 only)
  3. The device has been given the capability of the Motion Sensor for alarms, so you can link it to standard apps that use Motion Sensors to capture and act on these Alarms. (FE469/BE469 only)
  4. Ability to Enable/Disable AutoLock (FE469/BE469/BE468 only)
  5. Ability to Enable/Disable Keypad (Vacation Mode)
  6. Ability to Enable/Disable the keypad Beeper
  7. Report if the user entered too many invalid codes through the ‘invalidCode’ attribute for SmartApps to use
  8. Provides a workaround for a bug in the FE599 and BE369 lock firmware where it does not report the relock event after a user unlocks using a code
  9. Use custom commands with Rule Machine: disableAutolock, enableAutolock, enableKeypad, disableKeypad, enableAudio, disableAudio

For Yale Z-Wave Locks this Device Handler supports the following advanced features for Touch Lever, Touch Deadbolt, Push Button Lever and Push Button Deadbolt models including YRD220, YRL220, YRL210, YRD210 and 6th Generation Yale Locks (UK). It should also work with other Yale locks to provide the following features:

1. Ability to Enable/Disable AutoLock
  2. Ability to Enable/Disable Keypad (Vacation Mode)
  3. Ability to Enable/Disable the Audio/Speech
  4. Report if the user entered too many invalid codes through the ‘invalidCode’ attribute for SmartApps to use
  5. Use custom commands with Rule Machine: disableAutolock, enableAutolock, enableKeypad, disableKeypad, enableAudio, disableAudio

For Kwikset Z-Wave Locks this Device Handler supports the following advanced features (including 910, 912, 914 and 916):

1. Ability to report Kwikset AutoLock state (it can only be programmed via the dip switch on the lock)
  2. Ability to report Kwikset Auto Buzzer state (it can only be programmed via the dip switch on the lock)

NOTE: There is a SmartApp on the RBoy server called Schlage Lock Alarm Mode and Sensitivity Change and Monitor that provides the ability to dynamically change the Lock Alarm Mode and Sensitivity based on Modes and Routines. It also acts a Lock Alarm notification and action center to notify, turn on external Alarms and turn on/off (timer based) switches/lights when a Lock Alarm is detected. This is will ONLY work with Schlage locks that support Lock Alarms (e.g. FE469/BE469)

More features to be added, if you have any suggestions or ideas please feel free to ask and we’ll try to add it.

###This device type handler is available on the RBoy ST SmartApps Server, http://smartthings.rboyapps.com

Refer to our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/RBoySTApps to get the latest news and updates. If you like the Apps consider supporting our development efforts. Visit our website http://smartthings.rboyapps.com to get Access to all our Premium ST Apps.

The latest version of these apps with udpates are available on the RBoy server.

NOTE: Detailed Step by Step instructions to update/install the device handler are given on the website http://smartthings.rboyapps.com

##You can use our Door Lock User Code Manager to program/schedule the lock codes remotely as well as get notified about Tamper Alerts, User Lock/Unlock notifications/actions etc:

(Enhanced) Z-Wave Schlage Touchscreen Lock
Schlage be469 lock: a new device was added, but was not the correct type. Continuing to search…"
Yale Keyfree - passage mode tweak?
Lock Polling killing battery
Zwave locks/nexia/smartthings
Yale Z-wave Deadbolt $104; Push button lever lock $159 (YRL210-ZW-619) Amazon
YRD446 Assure Lock with Bluetooth & Z-Wave
[RELEASE] User Unlock/Lock Door Notifications and Actions
Yale Z-Wave YRD240 Access Code Creation
Schlage Connect - Which hub for my office?
Smart Lock
Changing Lock Codes Remotely?
Can the August 3 door sensor be added as a separate thing in SmartThings
Schlage Nexia Lock Remote Administration
[RELEASE] Lock User Management: Door lock code manager (create, delete and schedule codes) with automatic lock/unlock, custom user actions and SHM/ADT integration
Which Schlage Connect Lock Device Type Handler to use as a baseline?
Schalge Door Lock error java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method unlock() on null object
Compatibility with Baldwin Zigbee or Z-Wave locks
Schlage Century wont connect to Smartthings Hub
Schlage Camelot BE469WK vs. BE469NX ? confused
Yale Connexis L1 Battery change
Recommendations for Smart Lock
[RELEASE] Lock User Management: Door lock code manager (create, delete and schedule codes) with automatic lock/unlock, custom user actions and SHM/ADT integration
Help with YRD240 Yale Keyfree Touchscreen Deadbolt Auto Lock Feature
Gonna ditch all my Schlage-related automations
Best Smart Lock - My Scenarios
Advice on Smart Lock vs RFID?
Lock Code for Arming System?
[RELEASE] Lock Manager
Unable to use door lock as a trigger for Routines
Arrival Sensor plus code on smartlock
Schlage FE599--some questions
Help When Schlage Connect Deadbolt Alarm is Triggered
Smart Locks can't create any new codes
Shlage FE599NX program remotely
Schlage connect on sale at home depot
Need Help To Accomplish (Schlage/Ecobee/Presence)
How can I automate: RFID, door lock, LCD and speaker?
Activate a routine but if a window sensor is on then don’t turn on?
[RELEASE] Lock Manager
Distinguish between Open door for come in or go out?
Danalock v3 smart lock
Schlage Connect Not Working, is it the battery already?
Schlage Lock Worth it?
Danalock z-wave Danalock 125 BTZE
Thermostat differences: CT100, CT100+, CT101, GoControl
Yale Conexis Lock help
Schlage Connect Activity Log?
[RELEASE] Lock Manager
Schlage FE599 not updating properly
Changing Lock Codes Remotely?
Danalock v2 - good, bad, any hands-on? Or August?
Schlage keypad lock with lever (FE599) doesn't send lock status to ST when auto-locking
Notify Option for Schlage BE369NX Door Lock
Schlage Connect notification by user code
First steps with SmartThings: setting up Yale YRD256 smart lock
Kwikset 914 Zigbee or Zwave Z-wave?
Issue with Yale Real Living Door Lock Codes
Smart Locks Home Solution? Did miss something?
[OBSOLETE: [BETA MILESTONE 2] CoRE (Community's own Rules Engine)
New to SmartThings, need some help
Automatic poll (Schlage FE599NX) after unlocked with code?
FAQ: How do I add / delete user codes on my new Schlage Connect lock?
YRD446 Assure Lock with Bluetooth & Z-Wave
New to Smart Things need help managing Schlage lock user codes
[Depricated] Lock Code Manager
Notifications kwikset 910
[RELEASE] Lock Manager API - Control your locks and manage users remotely
Schlage Door Lock Battery Died Suddenly
Gerda smart lock Gerdalock v3
ISY99i contention with SmartThings
[RELEASE] Rental Lock Automater - Automate user codes with AirBnB, HomeAway and VRBO for multiple properties
Kwikset 914 - lock status not update in ST app when lock button pressed
KeyWe Smart Lock
[RELEASE] Rental Lock Automater - Automate user codes with AirBnB, HomeAway and VRBO for multiple properties
ZWave Popp Keypad Device Handler
Lock failed to complete the network security exchange
Door lock with door sensor
Schlage Door Lock features
(Tim Slagle) #2

You said the logs don’t have a alarm event? If there isn’t an alarm event sent from the lock there isn’t anything you can do.

I guess you could build something to listen for the alarm and then trigger something but that’s a lot of pain.

(www.rboyapps.com - Make your home your butler!) #3

I get a “event” but would like to see an alarm notification (there is no notification from the app right now, just an event being logged), Any idea how to do that

(Tim Slagle) #4

Thats where i come in :smile:

Can you past the line for the event in the thread. Should be able to write some code for you.

(www.rboyapps.com - Make your home your butler!) #5

Will get back to you, trying a few things and will post all codes. I’m seeing random codes also coming from the lock.

(Tim Slagle) #6

I’ll be waiting :smile:

(Greg) #7

I have this lock as well and would be happy to help if needed.

(Tim Slagle) #8

Awww man… Not you again :wink:

JK. We’re gonna be good friends Greg!

(Greg) #9

haha. well I was following this thread anyway to use whatever code came out of it. So I figured I’d speak up.

(Mike) #10

Just registering my interest in this as well, I have the same locks and would love to use it for more functionality. Happy to test and assist you guys.

(Tim Slagle) #11

Awesome! I don’t have one so i can’t look at logs. I just need to event it sends on alarm on and alarm off and should be able to action off that event.

(Mike) #12

I’ll test it when I’m back home tomorrow night if no one else has. I haven’t used the alarm yet so I don’t know how to set it off but I still have the manual.

(www.rboyapps.com - Make your home your butler!) #13

Enter the wrong code 4 times, if it’s set to tamper or forced entry it’ll go off (loud as heck!) keep the schlage button on the indoor side pressed to turn it off

(www.rboyapps.com - Make your home your butler!) #14

That’ wierd I’m no longer seeing the code. Earlier I used to get codes like Code 1 and or Code 11 or Code 16 but I’m not seeing it
@zj4x4 see if you can get any codes from your system. I’ve been playing with mine so maybe I accidentally turned something off.

(www.rboyapps.com - Make your home your butler!) #15

Okay here is what I’m seeing looking at the log history when I setup the lock initially here are the unknown codes:

The format is “Message” - “Value” as reported in the logs

Front Door was unlocked with code 4 - unlocked
Front Door code 0 is not set - 0
Front Door code 1 changed - 1
Front Door was unlocked with code 1 - unlocked
Front Door is jammed - unknown
Front Door code 5 is not set - 5
Front Door code 9 is not set - 9
Front Door code 11 is not set - 11
Front Door code 16 is not set - 16
Front Door code 22 is not set - 22

The last set of codes was when I was playing with the alarm. The jammed is a very cool thing if it can made to show up as an alarm that the door is jammed and not closed properly. The 0,1 and unknowns I don’t know why they popped up.

Does this help @tslagle13

(Tim Slagle) #16

These are from the Event logs or the live logging in the IDE?

What I need is the event logs from the device queue. So go to the IDE>My Devices>Select your lock form the list>ListEvents>get me each event line for the alarm and jam events. SHould look like this…

The most important info here is the “Name” and “Value” fields.

A screenshot of this area would be ideal.

(www.rboyapps.com - Make your home your butler!) #17

@tslagle13 here you go:

Date Source Type Name Value Displayed Text
2014-10-26 4:38:18.516 PM EDT
4 days ago DEVICE codeReport 22 Front Door code 22 is not set
2014-10-26 3:34:01.165 PM EDT
4 days ago DEVICE codeReport 16 Front Door code 16 is not set
2014-10-26 3:34:01.104 PM EDT
4 days ago DEVICE codeReport 16 Front Door code 16 is not set
2014-10-26 2:37:52.097 PM EDT
4 days ago DEVICE codeReport 11 Front Door code 11 is not set
2014-10-26 2:14:36.755 PM EDT
4 days ago DEVICE codeReport 9 Front Door code 9 is not set
2014-10-26 1:36:07.003 PM EDT
4 days ago DEVICE codeReport 5 Front Door code 5 is not set
2014-10-26 1:36:06.992 PM EDT
4 days ago DEVICE codeReport 5 Front Door code 5 is not set
2014-10-26 12:10:39.260 PM EDT
4 days ago DEVICE codeChanged 1 Front Door code 1 changed
2014-10-26 12:09:28.378 PM EDT
I4 days ago DEVICE codeReport 0 Front Door code 0 is not set
2014-10-26 11:55:02.215 AM EDT
4 days ago DEVICE lock unlocked Front Door was unlocked with code 4
2014-10-26 11:54:26.299 AM EDT
4 days ago DEVICE lock unknown Front Door is jammed

So summarize:

1. Can ST notify the user with a pop up when the alarm goes off (I can’t seem to replicate getting a code from the lock anymore, so I guess this won’t work)
  2. Can ST use the alarm in the lock as an alarm device (turn on / off)?
  3. Can ST notify the user with a pop up when the door is jammed?

Thanks

(Tim Slagle) #18

I need to look at this when i get home. IM affraid we won’t be able to read the alert. Looks like it doesn’t know what the event name is… but i may be able to hack something.

Does this include and event for the alarm? I don’t think i see it here.

(Greg) #19

Tim I don’t think there are events for the alarm function

(www.rboyapps.com - Make your home your butler!) #20

That’s right I don’t see the alarm event here anymore. But I see the door jammed event which would be cool to have notified if the door jammed and didn’t close.

Also I’m guessing there’s no way to use the alarm built into the lock right?