Hello everyone. I need help as I’m trying to connect one light bulb from Philips Hue direct to ST. The reason why I want to try this is because my hall light switch does not have a neutral wire, so I though that if I get one smart light I could accomplish this. I have read a lot but being new to it, I’m kind lost in this whole process.
So here is what I did so far:
- Went to Best Buy and brought a Philips Hue White Single Bulb.
- Removed my old bulb and replaced with the one I got.
- Turned on the light switch, the light came on and I tried to find on ST app -> Connect New Device.
- It found under the name “Thing” and when trying to connect it did and gave me a device Unknown.
- I removed it from my app and came to the forum to look for a solution. I found a topic that I though it might work, but I’m not sure I have done it properly. The link for the topic is this one. Enhanced Zigbee Hue Bulb - Direct Connect to ST
- I logged into https://graph.api.smartthings.com -> My Device Handlers -> Create New Device Handler -> From Code and pasted the code -> save -> publish for me.
- I tried again to find the device on ST app and samething happened, "Thing"and “Unknown”.
- Went to My devices and found it there listed as Things so I clicked on edit, changed to “Improved Zigbee Hue Bulb MA - Test” and now it shows on ST app a option to change color, and others things but none to turn on or off.
My bulb does not have color to it, so I’m afraid that I’m using the wrong code source. Maybe it’s not even possible.
Please if anyone can help, let me know if this is doable and what to do.
Thank you very much in advance.