I have spent a few days reading and attempting to get my white hue bulbs connected directly with ST with little luck. I will run through my attempts as I remember them.
- I have a Nvidia Shield TV with the SmartThings Link to act as my hub
- Hub is on channel 11 which is a ZDA channel (obviously) and a ZLL channel (I got lucky I suppose)
- I purchased a 4 pack of bulbs from BestBuy (no hue bridge and no remote. just bulbs)
- Plugged a bulb in socket and used phone app to search for bulb; no luck
- Tried all the bulbs and searching for them with the app; no luck
- I purchased a Hue Dimmer Switch from BestBuy hoping that I could unpair the bulb even though it shouldn’t be paired to anything anyways
- All bulbs react with the dimmer switch. By that I mean I can pair (hold On), unpair (hold Off), and reset (hold On and Off), and even hard reset the remote (button in back)
- After unpairing and resetting numerous times and having the ST app in different states of searching (the add screen) and the Things screen, I finally had a Thing randomly show up.
– It was a generic thing. Logged in to the graph.api website and set the device handler to Zigbee RGB light and FINALLY got the bulb to turn on and off via the app
- Take the ‘working’ bulb out and set it aside.
- Rinse and repeat resetting remote, pair, unpair, hard reset.
I have gotten 1 more bulb to connect and I have no reproducible steps. I don’t understand why or how I made it happen. Since my ST hub is on channel 11, I thought this would be a lot easier.
I understand that there is a Lutron remote (not the pico) that should be able to reset the hue bulbs and allow me to direct connect but they don’t seem to be available at my local home depots.
I have read the numerous posts about just using the hue bridge but that is not my goal. I am looking for a better insight and possible resolution to my issues.