How to add Philips Hue bulbs directly to ST hub

Hi all,

I have 4 Hue bulbs linked to a Hue Hub (no the latest Homekit one) and i want to link the bulbs directly to my ST 2.0 hub. I know i first need to reset the bulbs and one way to do that is via the Lutron remote control.

My Hub is Uk version and the Hue system is also EU version. Will that remote work with my bulbs?

Can someone please help?

Thank you and merry Christmas!!!

I’m not sure if this is what you are looking for or if it will work in the EU but I figured I’d give you the link anyway. I hope it helps.

That Lutron remote is your best bet if you can find it over there. Zigbee is generally the same frequency everywhere, so it should work. You could also try the Hue UK forum if one exists for advice too.

Edited: Don’t listen to me! Check out @peter.major post below.

The Lutron remote is the easiest, but I don’t believe it’s available in the UK yet.

There is another method discussed in the following topic which uses a German device that you should be able to get:

https://community.smartthings.com/t/dr-hue-is-in-and-the-bulbs-are-back-reset-hue-bulbs-to-factory/

Check out my post. I got this remote to reset my bulbs in the UK for £12:

2 Likes

Hello @peter.major!

I just ordered one of these. Can you please describe the exact procedure for resetting the bulb?

Thank you so much for the tip!

Merry Christmas!

Thanks to everyone else who contributed in this thread.