How much longer? Need to order Things Page

Title says it all.
How much longer until we can custom order the Things page?

Unless we are and I am missing something?
I would imagine this would be a standard thing…

I think the things screen is only alphabetical. You can rearrange things from within the rooms view.

3 Likes

I am beyond frustrated with app changes that force us to use the new app without any options. I noticed that after the update yesterday, the Home screen defaults to Things NOT Rooms. When I reached out to support, I received a very dismissive reply:
“This is the normal default for the newest version of the app. This was changed due a large amount of users requesting this. I hope this helps clear things up. If you have any additional questions please let us know.”

I never got asked what I like? What LARGE AMOUNT OF USERS did they poll? How about giving us the option of which screen we would like it to default to?
Why give us the option of organizing things by rooms if we can’t choose it as a default?
SMH

Hi Gus. It is a bit frustrating I know, but for me at least (on Android) the app starts back up where I left off when I closed it, and I usually try to close the app when I’m in the Rooms view. Doesn’t that happen for you?

Perhaps it works differently in the android app? but with the update yesterday ST 2.2.1, even when the app is running in the background, and it defaults to the Things menu. It happens on iPhone when it is accessed after closing the app or just accessing it while it is already running but minimized. Its so annoying when they make changes and not give us an option. I run my entire house on ST now and it makes no sense why they would not give us options.

This is a direct quote from the support email I received today so it was intentional:
"…This is the normal default for the newest version of the app. This was changed due a large amount of users requesting this. I hope this helps clear things up. If you have any additional questions please let us know."

Yeah, it’s different on Android and it’s only v2.2.0. I also run our house with ST, and when 2.2.1 is released for Android I sure hope they don’t mess with it like that.

Personally I wasn’t happy when they moved SmartApps to Automations from the hamburger menu. I liked being able to access apps from anywhere, and now I need to back out of the device I’m viewing, and then exit out of the Room. That change added more steps. That’s crappy usability in my opinion.

The comment from support is horse poop in my opinion too.

1 Like

Yeah, support is non-existant. I have an open, ongoing case for over a year; i get the runaround for months asking the same questions over and over, and months later, was told that they have bigger issues so we are closing your case. I guess they are too big now to care about their customers, so support is now just keeping you busy until you give up or forget.

what is the hamburger menu?

I know, it’s a goofy name but that is what it’s called: (upper right hand corner)

1 Like