How do I remove a ghost automation without doing a factory reset?

I have a Ghost automation (all lights off 1:30am) I created in the app Smart Lighting that I want to remove without doing a factory reset on my hub.I don’t see this automation in any of logs either.It just happens 1:30 every morning .I did do a search of the forums and couldn’t find a solution other than a hub reset. If I were able to remove/delete the smart lighting app would all the automatons created by it be removed as well? It wouldn’t be to bad to create new automatons but it would be very difficult re-pair all of the devices if I did a factory reset.Does this sound like a feasible solution? Is there a better way?
Thank you in advance for any replies.

Have you tried logging into the Web IDE at https://account.smartthings.com/? Once logged in, you should be able to see a list of your installed old-school SmartApps. Hopefully you can find the instance of SmartLighting that is causing the issue and remove it.

Thank you ogiewon for your reply. I did as you advised and I did a little house cleaning in there.
I removed a few unused automations connected equipment no longer in use as well as 3 entrees that had no description other that “lighting Automation” that could have been the ghost.I will let a day go by to
see if I nailed it. If not I will take the next step and remove the Smart Lighting app entirely in hopes to remove all of the automations under it Either way I will be back with the results.Again thank you ogiewon for guiding me to that part of groovy ide .This was quite a bit more user friendly as compared to my cell phone.

1 Like

Lights out @1:30 AM so the ghost in the machine is still there. Time to take the next step…app removal.

are you using Alexa? Do you have Hunches enabled? check your Alexa Routines :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello jkp. Yes I do use the Alexa smart speakers and app .I disable hunches in the Alexa app and I will let this cycle for a night and see what happens…
Thank you for your reply and advice.

Also check that hunches did not create any Alexa routines to turn them off

1 Like

Thank you jkp. Problem solved. There was a routine in Alexa that would turn off the lights 1:00 every morning. You nailed it. I tested this last night and my lights remained on. Agian …thank you .
I almost removed the lighting app.

1 Like