Ghost/phantom routine running

I have a phantom routine running that is frustrating me and I don’t know how to delete it. I started making it in the ST app and realized I wanted more options so I backed out in the middle of making it and decided to create a Webcore piston instead. How ever it looks like it was made anyway and is not even on my list of routines . Any one know a simple way to get rid of this without deleting me hub or devices

Keep an eye on it. Did you trace the source of the event through the IDE events list?

It could be an automation set up in an app like Smart Lighting. You could check the recent tab of the device “Night Light” was controlling, if it actually changed the bulb/light. See what changed the bulb and then go to the smartapps tab ofthe device and click on the automation to open it. You usually can delete it from where it was made.

If a device wasn’t actually changed, then you can try to trace it through the event log in the IDE as @RBoy said. I have found the recent changes in the IDE have made it less “user friendly”.

Thanks guys, I definitely remember making it through the smart things app I was able to find it and delete by going into the lights history. I don’t know why I didn’t show up in the routines list but I’m happy it’s now gone. Thank you for your help

1 Like

It didn’t show up as a “Routine” because it was a SmartApp instance (an instance of “Smart Lighting”) not a Routine.

Have you tried to deleted it through the IDE webpage?

1 Like

Thank you guys the problem is solved

1 Like

How was it solved? I have the same problem and I’m getting close to doing a factory reset on my hub (v3). I’ve looked at the thing logs and the IDE and can’t find any reference to it. Thanks!!

With the V3, if you made the automation with the “new” app, I have not found anywhere IDE or app where it shows that the automation ran. With the “old” app it was in the IDE live logging when the automation ran and any automation associated with the device is listed on it’s Smartapp tab. The test automation I have in the new app does not show up at all in the IDE logs.

It might be a royal pain, but if you can’t track it down I would try getting a hold of support before nuking the hub and starting over.