Honeywell YTH8320ZW1007/U Thermostat Operating State?

Hi all, I’m new to the SmartThings & Z-Wave community. Looking forward what I can do with more things!

I setup 2 of the Honeywell YTH8320ZW1007/U thermostats and got them into the hub. It was quick and painless.

I have 1 question - seems like there’s some good information missing from the SmartThings Thing settings page for these devices. The manual shows that there is a Z-Wave option to get “Thermostat Operating State”. This would be great info to have on the thing info page for the thermostat. It can tell me if the thermostat is on, off or pending. Great info to know what it’s doing.

Here’s the snippet from the user manual:

Thermostat Operating State
The thermostat can send the message containing the actual state of the HVAC equipment
based on equipment state change.
The thermostat provides the following operating states:
•	 Idle - no equipment on
•	 Heating - heating equipment on
•	 Cooling - cooling equipment on
•	 Pending Heat - minimum off time applied to protect the heat pump compressor
•	 Pending Cool - minimum off time applied to protect the heat pump compressor

Am I missing something? Is there a way to add it?

When you tap on the little gear next to it’s icon on the Things page it doesn’t show? You might not see the two pending modes.

There’s plenty of items that show, just not the state of the equipment.

For example in this screenshot, it does say “Cool”, but that’s just the mode it’s in. It’s summer so I have it in air conditioner mode (aka Cool).

What I’m looking for is whether or not the equipment is on or off. I would like it to say “Idle” or “Cooling” so that I know what it’s doing.

I don’t see that anywhere here. Thoughts?

Good observation. I don’t have one yet so I’ve only seen it in simulator. I thought where it said cool went to idle when the call for cooling wasn’t active but that makes sense that it’s just showing the mode. I’ve been looking to get one and that would bother me too.

I wonder if anyone has made a custom device type to show this mode. I know somebody who always has a good answer, so let’s see if @yvesracine has any ideas.

Hello,

With the ecobee’s APIs, there is a way to populate thermostatOperatingState based on an equipment status
attribute that is returned by ecobee.

If you look at My Ecobee Device’s screenshots (second from the top), you’ll see the list of equipment running.

P.S If you don’t have the equivalent attribute from the Honeywell API, then you’re out of luck.
Regards.

If you click on the activity button (just below the configuration button in your screen shot), it does show the state when it changes (i.e. “Thermostat status has changed to idle”) so ST is getting this information. You could send a request to support to have this information added to a tile.

I just sent in a support email to see about how to get a new tile added. I think this information is beneficial to know the state in which the thermostat is in.

Yea that’s surprising that it’s not there. I guess in my house I can hear it pretty obviously, maybe that’s what they were thinking.

Yeah that’d make perfect sense if you were home :slight_smile:

I’m still learning my way through and I logged into the hub through the developers site. Looks like the values are present - which is a good thing. Maybe it is as simple as adding a tile.

• thermostatOperatingState
  • thermostatFanState

Yea I haven’t made many device types yet. Perhaps you could either learn groovy (Not that bad if you’ve done any programming before) or search the forum for device type makers and PM them with your request.

Adding a tile isn’t too difficult:
http://docs.smartthings.com/en/latest/device-type-developers-guide/tiles-metadata.html

1 Like

Is it possible to add a tile to an existing Thing page (like in my screenshot)? Or do I have to create a new SmartApp for the thermostat?

Hello @drsprite, you need to create a custom device type such as the one I created for all ecobee thermostats.

See my github:

Regards.

P.S. Probably, a simpler version for your Honewell thermostat as the ecobee APIs are really rich in functionalities,

1 Like

You will basically create a copy of the existing device type and add your changes to that. The tile modifications would be similar to the following (full code):

valueTile("opStateWide", "device.thermostatOperatingState", height: 1, width: 2, decoration: "flat") {
    state "thermostatOperatingState", label:'${currentValue}', icon: ""
}

standardTile("opStateIcon", "device.thermostatOperatingState", inactiveLabel: false, decoration: "flat"){
    state "default", label: "unknown", defaultState: true, icon: "st.unknown.unknown.unkown"
    state "idle", label: "idle", icon: ""
    state "fan only", label: "", icon: "st.thermostat.fan-on"
    state "vent economizer", label: "Vent Eco", icon: "st.nest.nest-leaf"
    state "cooling", label: "", icon: "st.thermostat.cooling"
    state "heating", label: "", icon: "st.thermostat.heating"
    state "pending heat", label: "", icon: "st.thermostat.heat"
    state "pending cool", label: "", icon: "st.thermostat.cool"
}

And don’t forget to modify the layout information to add the new tiles (eg. details()):

details(["temperature", "mode", "fanMode", "opStateWide", "opStateIcon", "heatSliderControl", "heatingSetpoint", "coolSliderControl", "coolingSetpoint", "refresh", "configure"])

Example:

2 Likes

This was pretty helpful actually. By using the existing template I was able to make your changes. Now I just need to figure out how to apply it to my thermostats (or add a new thermostat with this custom device type).

Ok I guess that wasn’t hard at all. Thankfully there was the template to work off of, and your code makes perfect sense!

Once I edited my device online, and associated the “Type” to my new Device Type, it looked just like yours.

Great! Now I might be able to tweak it a little more to my liking - but so far so good!

Thanks guys!

Hello,

I am using this same thermostat and I would like to perform the same modifications but I do not quite understand how to make this happen (copy device templates, edit code, etc). Can someone provide me with information on how to make this happen?

I pretty much started with the Z-Wave Thermostat template in the Device Types, and added the code referenced above.

To get what I have in my last screenshot, log into the developers API portal at https://graph.api.smartthings.com/, then go to My Device Types. Select New Device Type. Select the “From Code” tab on this page and paste this in:

metadata {
	// Automatically generated. Make future change here.
	definition (name: "Honeywell Custom Z-Wave Thermostat", namespace: "drsprite", author: "drsprite") {
		capability "Actuator"
		capability "Temperature Measurement"
		capability "Relative Humidity Measurement"
		capability "Thermostat"
		capability "Configuration"
		capability "Polling"
		capability "Sensor"

attribute "thermostatFanState", "string"

command "switchMode"
		command "switchFanMode"
        command "quickSetCool"
        command "quickSetHeat"

fingerprint deviceId: "0x08"
		fingerprint inClusters: "0x43,0x40,0x44,0x31"
	}

// simulator metadata
	simulator {
		status "off"			: "command: 4003, payload: 00"
		status "heat"			: "command: 4003, payload: 01"
		status "cool"			: "command: 4003, payload: 02"
		status "auto"			: "command: 4003, payload: 03"
		status "emergencyHeat"	: "command: 4003, payload: 04"

status "fanAuto"		: "command: 4403, payload: 00"
		status "fanOn"			: "command: 4403, payload: 01"
		status "fanCirculate"	: "command: 4403, payload: 06"

status "heat 60"        : "command: 4303, payload: 01 09 3C"
		status "heat 68"        : "command: 4303, payload: 01 09 44"
		status "heat 72"        : "command: 4303, payload: 01 09 48"

status "cool 72"        : "command: 4303, payload: 02 09 48"
		status "cool 76"        : "command: 4303, payload: 02 09 4C"
		status "cool 80"        : "command: 4303, payload: 02 09 50"

status "temp 58"        : "command: 3105, payload: 01 2A 02 44"
		status "temp 62"        : "command: 3105, payload: 01 2A 02 6C"
		status "temp 70"        : "command: 3105, payload: 01 2A 02 BC"
		status "temp 74"        : "command: 3105, payload: 01 2A 02 E4"
		status "temp 78"        : "command: 3105, payload: 01 2A 03 0C"
		status "temp 82"        : "command: 3105, payload: 01 2A 03 34"

status "idle"			: "command: 4203, payload: 00"
		status "heating"		: "command: 4203, payload: 01"
		status "cooling"		: "command: 4203, payload: 02"
		status "fan only"		: "command: 4203, payload: 03"
		status "pending heat"	: "command: 4203, payload: 04"
		status "pending cool"	: "command: 4203, payload: 05"
		status "vent economizer": "command: 4203, payload: 06"

// reply messages
		reply "2502": "command: 2503, payload: FF"
	}

tiles {
		valueTile("temperature", "device.temperature", width: 2, height: 2) {
			state("temperature", label:'${currentValue}°',
				backgroundColors:[
					[value: 31, color: "#153591"],
					[value: 44, color: "#1e9cbb"],
					[value: 59, color: "#90d2a7"],
					[value: 74, color: "#44b621"],
					[value: 84, color: "#f1d801"],
					[value: 95, color: "#d04e00"],
					[value: 96, color: "#bc2323"]
				]
			)
		}
		standardTile("mode", "device.thermostatMode", inactiveLabel: false, decoration: "flat") {
			state "off", label:'', action:"switchMode", nextState:"to_heat", icon: "st.thermostat.heating-cooling-off"
			state "heat", label:'', action:"switchMode", nextState:"to_cool", icon: "st.thermostat.heat"
			state "cool", label:'', action:"switchMode", nextState:"off", icon: "st.thermostat.cool"
		}
		standardTile("fanMode", "device.thermostatFanMode", inactiveLabel: false, decoration: "flat") {
			state "fanAuto", label:'', action:"switchFanMode", icon: "st.thermostat.fan-auto"
			state "fanOn", label:'', action:"switchFanMode", icon: "st.thermostat.fan-on"
			state "fanCirculate", label:'', action:"switchFanMode", icon: "st.thermostat.fan-circulate"
		}
		controlTile("heatSliderControl", "device.heatingSetpoint", "slider", height: 1, width: 2, inactiveLabel: false) {
			state "setHeatingSetpoint", action:"quickSetHeat", backgroundColor:"#d04e00"
		}
		valueTile("heatingSetpoint", "device.heatingSetpoint", inactiveLabel: false, decoration: "flat") {
			state "heat", label:'${currentValue}° heat', backgroundColor:"#ffffff"
		}
		controlTile("coolSliderControl", "device.coolingSetpoint", "slider", height: 1, width: 2, inactiveLabel: false) {
			state "setCoolingSetpoint", action:"quickSetCool", backgroundColor: "#1e9cbb"
		}
		valueTile("coolingSetpoint", "device.coolingSetpoint", inactiveLabel: false, decoration: "flat") {
			state "cool", label:'${currentValue}° cool', backgroundColor:"#ffffff"
		}
		standardTile("refresh", "device.thermostatMode", inactiveLabel: false, decoration: "flat") {
			state "default", action:"polling.poll", icon:"st.secondary.refresh"
		}
		standardTile("configure", "device.configure", inactiveLabel: false, decoration: "flat") {
			state "configure", label:'', action:"configuration.configure", icon:"st.secondary.configure"
		}
        valueTile("opStateWide", "device.thermostatOperatingState", height: 1, width: 2, decoration: "flat") {
 		   state "thermostatOperatingState", label:'Status: ${currentValue}', icon: ""
		}
		standardTile("opStateIcon", "device.thermostatOperatingState", inactiveLabel: false, decoration: "flat"){
			state "default", label: "unknown", defaultState: true, icon: "st.nest.empty"
			state "idle", label: "idle", icon: "st.nest.empty"
			state "fan only", label: "", icon: "st.thermostat.fan-on"
			state "vent economizer", label: "Vent Eco", icon: "st.nest.nest-leaf"
			state "cooling", label: "", icon: "st.thermostat.cooling"
			state "heating", label: "", icon: "st.thermostat.heating"
			state "pending heat", label: "", icon: "st.thermostat.heat"
			state "pending cool", label: "", icon: "st.thermostat.cool"
		}
		main "temperature"
		details(["temperature", "mode", "fanMode", "opStateWide", "opStateIcon", "heatSliderControl", "heatingSetpoint", "coolSliderControl", "coolingSetpoint", "refresh", "configure"])	}
}

def parse(String description)
{
	def map = createEvent(zwaveEvent(zwave.parse(description, [0x42:1, 0x43:2, 0x31: 3])))
	if (!map) {
		return null
	}

def result = [map]
	if (map.isStateChange && map.name in ["heatingSetpoint","coolingSetpoint","thermostatMode"]) {
		def map2 = [
			name: "thermostatSetpoint",
			unit: getTemperatureScale()
		]
		if (map.name == "thermostatMode") {
			state.lastTriedMode = map.value
			if (map.value == "cool") {
				map2.value = device.latestValue("coolingSetpoint")
				log.info "THERMOSTAT, latest cooling setpoint = ${map2.value}"
			}
			else {
				map2.value = device.latestValue("heatingSetpoint")
				log.info "THERMOSTAT, latest heating setpoint = ${map2.value}"
			}
		}
		else {
			def mode = device.latestValue("thermostatMode")
			log.info "THERMOSTAT, latest mode = ${mode}"
			if ((map.name == "heatingSetpoint" && mode == "heat") || (map.name == "coolingSetpoint" && mode == "cool")) {
				map2.value = map.value
				map2.unit = map.unit
			}
		}
		if (map2.value != null) {
			log.debug "THERMOSTAT, adding setpoint event: $map"
			result << createEvent(map2)
		}
	} else if (map.name == "thermostatFanMode" && map.isStateChange) {
		state.lastTriedFanMode = map.value
	}
	log.debug "Parse returned $result"
	result
}

// Event Generation
def zwaveEvent(physicalgraph.zwave.commands.thermostatsetpointv2.ThermostatSetpointReport cmd)
{
	def cmdScale = cmd.scale == 1 ? "F" : "C"
	def map = [:]
	map.value = convertTemperatureIfNeeded(cmd.scaledValue, cmdScale, cmd.precision)
	map.unit = getTemperatureScale()
	map.displayed = false
	switch (cmd.setpointType) {
		case 1:
			map.name = "heatingSetpoint"
			break;
		case 2:
			map.name = "coolingSetpoint"
			break;
		default:
			return [:]
	}
	// So we can respond with same format
	state.size = cmd.size
	state.scale = cmd.scale
	state.precision = cmd.precision
	map
}

def zwaveEvent(physicalgraph.zwave.commands.sensormultilevelv3.SensorMultilevelReport cmd)
{
	if (cmd.sensorType == 1) {
		map.value = convertTemperatureIfNeeded(cmd.scaledSensorValue, cmd.scale == 1 ? "F" : "C", cmd.precision)
		map.unit = getTemperatureScale()
		map.name = "temperature"
	} else if (cmd.sensorType == 5) {
		map.value = cmd.scaledSensorValue
		map.unit = "%"
		map.name = "humidity"
	}
	map
}

def zwaveEvent(physicalgraph.zwave.commands.thermostatoperatingstatev1.ThermostatOperatingStateReport cmd)
{
	switch (cmd.operatingState) {
		case physicalgraph.zwave.commands.thermostatoperatingstatev1.ThermostatOperatingStateReport.OPERATING_STATE_IDLE:
			map.value = "idle"
			break
		case physicalgraph.zwave.commands.thermostatoperatingstatev1.ThermostatOperatingStateReport.OPERATING_STATE_HEATING:
			map.value = "heating"
			break
		case physicalgraph.zwave.commands.thermostatoperatingstatev1.ThermostatOperatingStateReport.OPERATING_STATE_COOLING:
			map.value = "cooling"
			break
		case physicalgraph.zwave.commands.thermostatoperatingstatev1.ThermostatOperatingStateReport.OPERATING_STATE_FAN_ONLY:
			map.value = "fan only"
			break
		case physicalgraph.zwave.commands.thermostatoperatingstatev1.ThermostatOperatingStateReport.OPERATING_STATE_PENDING_HEAT:
			map.value = "pending heat"
			break
		case physicalgraph.zwave.commands.thermostatoperatingstatev1.ThermostatOperatingStateReport.OPERATING_STATE_PENDING_COOL:
			map.value = "pending cool"
			break
		case physicalgraph.zwave.commands.thermostatoperatingstatev1.ThermostatOperatingStateReport.OPERATING_STATE_VENT_ECONOMIZER:
			map.value = "vent economizer"
			break
	}
	map.name = "thermostatOperatingState"
	map
}

def zwaveEvent(physicalgraph.zwave.commands.thermostatfanstatev1.ThermostatFanStateReport cmd) {
	def map = [name: "thermostatFanState", unit: ""]
	switch (cmd.fanOperatingState) {
		case 0:
			map.value = "idle"
			break
		case 1:
			map.value = "running"
			break
		case 2:
			map.value = "running high"
			break
	}
	map
}

def zwaveEvent(physicalgraph.zwave.commands.thermostatmodev2.ThermostatModeReport cmd) {
	switch (cmd.mode) {
		case physicalgraph.zwave.commands.thermostatmodev2.ThermostatModeReport.MODE_OFF:
			map.value = "off"
			break
		case physicalgraph.zwave.commands.thermostatmodev2.ThermostatModeReport.MODE_HEAT:
			map.value = "heat"
			break
		case physicalgraph.zwave.commands.thermostatmodev2.ThermostatModeReport.MODE_AUXILIARY_HEAT:
			map.value = "emergency heat"
			break
		case physicalgraph.zwave.commands.thermostatmodev2.ThermostatModeReport.MODE_COOL:
			map.value = "cool"
			break
		case physicalgraph.zwave.commands.thermostatmodev2.ThermostatModeReport.MODE_AUTO:
			map.value = "auto"
			break
	}
	map.name = "thermostatMode"
	map
}

def zwaveEvent(physicalgraph.zwave.commands.thermostatfanmodev3.ThermostatFanModeReport cmd) {
	switch (cmd.fanMode) {
		case physicalgraph.zwave.commands.thermostatfanmodev3.ThermostatFanModeReport.FAN_MODE_AUTO_LOW:
			map.value = "fanAuto"
			break
		case physicalgraph.zwave.commands.thermostatfanmodev3.ThermostatFanModeReport.FAN_MODE_LOW:
			map.value = "fanOn"
			break
		case physicalgraph.zwave.commands.thermostatfanmodev3.ThermostatFanModeReport.FAN_MODE_CIRCULATION:
			map.value = "fanCirculate"
			break
	}
	map.name = "thermostatFanMode"
	map.displayed = false
	map
}

def zwaveEvent(physicalgraph.zwave.commands.thermostatmodev2.ThermostatModeSupportedReport cmd) {
	def supportedModes = ""
	if(cmd.off) { supportedModes += "off " }
	if(cmd.heat) { supportedModes += "heat " }
	if(cmd.auxiliaryemergencyHeat) { supportedModes += "emergency heat " }
	if(cmd.cool) { supportedModes += "cool " }
	if(cmd.auto) { supportedModes += "auto " }

state.supportedModes = supportedModes
}

def zwaveEvent(physicalgraph.zwave.commands.thermostatfanmodev3.ThermostatFanModeSupportedReport cmd) {
	def supportedFanModes = ""
	if(cmd.auto) { supportedFanModes += "fanAuto " }
	if(cmd.low) { supportedFanModes += "fanOn " }
	if(cmd.circulation) { supportedFanModes += "fanCirculate " }

state.supportedFanModes = supportedFanModes
}

def zwaveEvent(physicalgraph.zwave.commands.basicv1.BasicReport cmd) {
	log.debug "Zwave event received: $cmd"
}

def zwaveEvent(physicalgraph.zwave.Command cmd) {
	log.warn "Unexpected zwave command $cmd"
}

// Command Implementations
def poll() {
	delayBetween([
		zwave.sensorMultilevelV3.sensorMultilevelGet().format(), // current temperature
		zwave.thermostatSetpointV1.thermostatSetpointGet(setpointType: 1).format(),
		zwave.thermostatSetpointV1.thermostatSetpointGet(setpointType: 2).format(),
		zwave.thermostatModeV2.thermostatModeGet().format(),
		zwave.thermostatFanModeV3.thermostatFanModeGet().format(),
		zwave.thermostatOperatingStateV1.thermostatOperatingStateGet().format()
	], 2300)
}

def quickSetHeat(degrees) {
	setHeatingSetpoint(degrees, 1000)
}

def setHeatingSetpoint(degrees, delay = 30000) {
	setHeatingSetpoint(degrees.toDouble(), delay)
}

def setHeatingSetpoint(Double degrees, Integer delay = 30000) {
	log.trace "setHeatingSetpoint($degrees, $delay)"
	def deviceScale = state.scale ?: 1
	def deviceScaleString = deviceScale == 2 ? "C" : "F"
    def locationScale = getTemperatureScale()
	def p = (state.precision == null) ? 1 : state.precision

def convertedDegrees
    if (locationScale == "C" && deviceScaleString == "F") {
    	convertedDegrees = celsiusToFahrenheit(degrees)
    } else if (locationScale == "F" && deviceScaleString == "C") {
    	convertedDegrees = fahrenheitToCelsius(degrees)
    } else {
    	convertedDegrees = degrees
    }

delayBetween([
		zwave.thermostatSetpointV1.thermostatSetpointSet(setpointType: 1, scale: deviceScale, precision: p, scaledValue: convertedDegrees).format(),
		zwave.thermostatSetpointV1.thermostatSetpointGet(setpointType: 1).format()
	], delay)
}

def quickSetCool(degrees) {
	setCoolingSetpoint(degrees, 1000)
}

def setCoolingSetpoint(degrees, delay = 30000) {
	setCoolingSetpoint(degrees.toDouble(), delay)
}

def setCoolingSetpoint(Double degrees, Integer delay = 30000) {
    log.trace "setCoolingSetpoint($degrees, $delay)"
	def deviceScale = state.scale ?: 1
	def deviceScaleString = deviceScale == 2 ? "C" : "F"
    def locationScale = getTemperatureScale()
	def p = (state.precision == null) ? 1 : state.precision

def convertedDegrees
    if (locationScale == "C" && deviceScaleString == "F") {
    	convertedDegrees = celsiusToFahrenheit(degrees)
    } else if (locationScale == "F" && deviceScaleString == "C") {
    	convertedDegrees = fahrenheitToCelsius(degrees)
    } else {
    	convertedDegrees = degrees
    }

delayBetween([
		zwave.thermostatSetpointV1.thermostatSetpointSet(setpointType: 2, scale: deviceScale, precision: p,  scaledValue: convertedDegrees).format(),
		zwave.thermostatSetpointV1.thermostatSetpointGet(setpointType: 2).format()
	], delay)
}

def configure() {
	delayBetween([
		zwave.thermostatModeV2.thermostatModeSupportedGet().format(),
		zwave.thermostatFanModeV3.thermostatFanModeSupportedGet().format(),
		zwave.associationV1.associationSet(groupingIdentifier:1, nodeId:[zwaveHubNodeId]).format()
	], 2300)
}

def modes() {
	["off", "heat", "cool", "auto", "emergency heat"]
}

def switchMode() {
	def currentMode = device.currentState("thermostatMode")?.value
	def lastTriedMode = state.lastTriedMode ?: currentMode ?: "off"
	def supportedModes = getDataByName("supportedModes")
	def modeOrder = modes()
	def next = { modeOrder[modeOrder.indexOf(it) + 1] ?: modeOrder[0] }
	def nextMode = next(lastTriedMode)
	if (supportedModes?.contains(currentMode)) {
		while (!supportedModes.contains(nextMode) && nextMode != "off") {
			nextMode = next(nextMode)
		}
	}
	state.lastTriedMode = nextMode
	delayBetween([
		zwave.thermostatModeV2.thermostatModeSet(mode: modeMap[nextMode]).format(),
		zwave.thermostatModeV2.thermostatModeGet().format()
	], 1000)
}

def switchToMode(nextMode) {
	def supportedModes = getDataByName("supportedModes")
	if(supportedModes && !supportedModes.contains(nextMode)) log.warn "thermostat mode '$nextMode' is not supported"
	if (nextMode in modes()) {
		state.lastTriedMode = nextMode
		"$nextMode"()
	} else {
		log.debug("no mode method '$nextMode'")
	}
}

def switchFanMode() {
	def currentMode = device.currentState("thermostatFanMode")?.value
	def lastTriedMode = state.lastTriedFanMode ?: currentMode ?: "off"
	def supportedModes = getDataByName("supportedFanModes") ?: "fanAuto fanOn"
	def modeOrder = ["fanAuto", "fanCirculate", "fanOn"]
	def next = { modeOrder[modeOrder.indexOf(it) + 1] ?: modeOrder[0] }
	def nextMode = next(lastTriedMode)
	while (!supportedModes?.contains(nextMode) && nextMode != "fanAuto") {
		nextMode = next(nextMode)
	}
	switchToFanMode(nextMode)
}

def switchToFanMode(nextMode) {
	def supportedFanModes = getDataByName("supportedFanModes")
	if(supportedFanModes && !supportedFanModes.contains(nextMode)) log.warn "thermostat mode '$nextMode' is not supported"

def returnCommand
	if (nextMode == "fanAuto") {
		returnCommand = fanAuto()
	} else if (nextMode == "fanOn") {
		returnCommand = fanOn()
	} else if (nextMode == "fanCirculate") {
		returnCommand = fanCirculate()
	} else {
		log.debug("no fan mode '$nextMode'")
	}
	if(returnCommand) state.lastTriedFanMode = nextMode
	returnCommand
}

def getDataByName(String name) {
	state[name] ?: device.getDataValue(name)
}

def getModeMap() { [
	"off": 0,
	"heat": 1,
	"cool": 2,
	"auto": 3,
	"emergency heat": 4
]}

def setThermostatMode(String value) {
	delayBetween([
		zwave.thermostatModeV2.thermostatModeSet(mode: modeMap[value]).format(),
	], standardDelay)
}

def getFanModeMap() { [
	"auto": 0,
	"on": 1,
	"circulate": 6
]}

def setThermostatFanMode(String value) {
	delayBetween([
		zwave.thermostatFanModeV3.thermostatFanModeSet(fanMode: fanModeMap[value]).format(),
		zwave.thermostatFanModeV3.thermostatFanModeGet().format()
	], standardDelay)
}

def off() {
	delayBetween([
		zwave.thermostatModeV2.thermostatModeSet(mode: 0).format(),
	], standardDelay)
}

def heat() {
	delayBetween([
		zwave.thermostatModeV2.thermostatModeSet(mode: 1).format(),
	], standardDelay)
}

def emergencyHeat() {
	delayBetween([
		zwave.thermostatModeV2.thermostatModeSet(mode: 4).format(),
	], standardDelay)
}

def cool() {
	delayBetween([
		zwave.thermostatModeV2.thermostatModeSet(mode: 2).format(),
	], standardDelay)
}

def auto() {
	delayBetween([
		zwave.thermostatModeV2.thermostatModeSet(mode: 3).format(),
	], standardDelay)
}

def fanOn() {
	delayBetween([
		zwave.thermostatFanModeV3.thermostatFanModeSet(fanMode: 1).format(),
	], standardDelay)
}

def fanAuto() {
	delayBetween([
		zwave.thermostatFanModeV3.thermostatFanModeSet(fanMode: 0).format(),
	], standardDelay)
}

def fanCirculate() {
	delayBetween([
		zwave.thermostatFanModeV3.thermostatFanModeSet(fanMode: 6).format(),
	], standardDelay)
}

private getStandardDelay() {
}

Then go to My Devices and click on your Honeywell thermostat. At the bottom click Edit.

In the Type drop down box, select the Honeywell Custom Z-Wave Thermostat.

Click save, and open the app on your phone. It should look like the screenshot above.

drsprite,

Thanks. It seems to work great.
Before, there was some instability and I was never sure what was affecting the thermostat operation. I think the control was
never established… only the pairing…

Now all I have to do is figure out the best way to manage the thermostat throughout the days activities.

I used to have the WiFi version, and simply programmed it on a daily basis. I liked that as if you told it a time, it would be that temp
at that time. Now it looks like this is going to respond to movement or activity, and there will be a delay in reaching
the temperature.