Honeywell Total Connect Issue--does the RTH8580 work with SmartThings?

I have 5 Honeywell Thermostats. Two RTH6580s which work fine in ST. However, none of my three RTH8580s connect in ST despite every Google search saying they should. I found some recent advice that said I should set the thermostats to heat/cool (instead of just heat) and that would fix it, but it didn’t. My Total Home Connect finds them, adds them and connects/controls them just fine, but once I try to do anything ST says it cannot communicate and to check WiFi. But I know WiFi is working because the Honeywell app works flawlessly on all five. Any ideas what’s up with Smartthings?

You should submit a support ticket. Apparently there is an issue with the Honeywell Total Connect SmartApp. Engineers are “working on it”. I am waiting to hear the resolution as well.

In the meantime I am manually setting my thermostat like an animal.

Thanks, will open a ticket now.

Does the Honeywell app not work for you? At least I have that option still.

I have exactly the same issue with two of my Honeywell Thermostats. I tried several time to remove and reconnect them, change the device type to Honeywell TTC thermostat as suggested in other threads and checked that thermostats are running heat/cool but still having this connectivity issue… @bradcarlson did you receive an update on your ticket?

I only opened the ticket this morning. I’ll update this post if/when I hear back. I did mention that others seem to be having the same issue.

The Honeywell app works for me. Just not Smarthings setting the heat point. Smartthings can see the set points I set in the Honeywell app

I heard back from Smartthings support last week. They tried telling me that everything looked good on their end and I pointed them to some online discussions showing that is not the case. They came to me today acknowledging there is an issue and it’s actively being investigated. So that’s good I guess, but no ETA on when it will be fixed.

@Mohamed_Berrada I heard back from Smartthings support last week. They tried telling me that everything looked good on their end and I pointed them to some online discussions showing that is not the case. They came to me today acknowledging there is an issue and it’s actively being investigated. So that’s good I guess, but no ETA on when it will be fixed.

Hi, @bradcarlson thanks for the update. I’ve just tried today to remove and reinstall honeywell TTC but I’m still having this connectivity issue. At this point I’m able to put On/ off and change heat/cool mode of the thermostat through the ST app but there is no way to change the setpoint… I only hope they will come up with a fix soon!

According to my support ticket the fix for this has been pushed out. My TCC functionality has been restored to ST and I am able to change the setpoints again.

Thanks for the heads up. Did you have to do anything to get it working again? Mine still isn’t working and for some reason, ST won’t allow me to remove the TCC Smart App so that I could try reinstalling.

I ended up removing all my Honeywell T-Stats from Smartthings and re-installed the TCC app. Still not working with the RTH8580s. The other Honeywell’s work just fine. I guess I need to open another ticket.

I didn’t do anything it just magically started working as easily as it stopped working 6 weeks ago.