Can I use Honeywell RTH6580WF thermostat with smart things hub 2nd gen

can I use Honeywell RTH6580WF thermostat with smart things hub 2nd gen ?

See the “works with SmartThings” page:

I have 4 of these in my home and they do connect to smartthings through the honeywell total connect comfort app.

Could you elaborate on how to do this? I don’t see anything in the Total Connect Comfort app about smartthings or home automation.

I figured it out. For anyone trying to get an RTH6580WF to work, you can configure it as a “Honeywell 9000 Wifi Thermostat”. Here’s how:

In the app, under the “My Home” tab, click the + (Add a Thing).
Click “Add Device Manually”.
Click "Thermostats"
Select “Honeywell Wi-Fi 9000 Thermostat”.
Connect Now
Follow the steps entering your credentials and selecting the thermostats (it supports multiple) that are already configured under the Total Comfort Connect config.

2 Likes

I finally figured out how to get my RTH6580WF added to Smartthings! Click ADD DEVICE -> ADD DEVICE MANUALLY -> Thermostat. Select “Total Connect Comfort”, enter your Honeywell account credentials, and then follow the promts (which I think were selecting the location, and the thermostat’s device name).

1 Like

Thanks Eric. This was helpful. I found it stopped working after I installed it with the new app. I deleted and added it with the Classic app and it seems to be working fine. The two apps have some major differences in manually installing a device.

This still works in 2021! Thank you for the step by step!