Since the Honeywell TCC Connect integration broke and was later fixed a week or two ago, my Honeywell thermostat device in ST has not been updating it’s operating state. Anyone else seeing this? Any solutions? I had asked this question to support after they fixed the TCC integration but the guy I was talking to stopped responding without answering my question.
The operating state does update if I initiate a change using the ST app (like raising or lowering the setpoint), but if the thermostat turns on by itself the operating state never updates. I have some automations that I’d like to be able to set up to use the operating state if I can get it to update.
There are reports of a different thermostat failing and of multi channel devices failing, all of which started at about the same time. Eric has identified an issue with response() . Definitely report this to support if you have the problem and you might want to give them the link to the following thread:
The other thermostat that started failing
Even if it’s not that specific problem, it does look like there was a platform change in the last few days.
Did you ever make any headway on this, @destructure00? I only picked up yesterday that the status isn’t updating properly as you describe in the original thread. It’s pretty piss-poor that what appears to be an official SmartApp isn’t getting appropriate support.
Nope, no reply after the last email I received back in April. No change in the operation either. I ended up putting an acceleration sensor on my A/C compressor so I can tell when it’s running. I’d rather have the direct integration but it works reasonably well this way too.
old thread, but still valid issue… I am trying to run a booster fan from a switch. Supposed to turn it on when the thermostat is in fan/cool/heat mode, but it will not update the running state so booster fan doesn’t come on.
I have the same scenario. I want to turn a fan on and off dependent on the state of the thermostat (cooling vs idle). I have been saving Smart Things log via “Simple event logger” for a month now. There appeared to be a few times when it missed an idle state which made it look like the AC ran longer than it did. Now it misses a lot of changes or is late (5-10 minutes) to report them. I wrote a piston in WebCore when I registered there yesterday and thought that had something to do with it, but it still does it when piston is paused. I use “rboys 5-2 day thermostat” smartapp with a CT101 thermostat. Everything is fine operationally, just not getting the reporting reliably.
I have webcore send a refresh command every 45 seconds now. It seems to help, but maybe it’s just me. I’ve seen the ST IDE get the refresh and still take 5 -15 seconds to acknowledge and update the operating state. At least it doesn’t seem to miss events entirely anymore.
I also bought a 24v transformer to provide the necessary input to the “c” wire connection of the thermostat, but that wasn’t a factor (and actually should have been since it’s a part of always on wireless signal).
I know I posted under Honeywell thread, but I actually have a CT101 made for Iris. It didn’t need a device handler. I’m really not sure the refresh is the main factor. It still could have been the lack of 24v to “c” terminal; I hadn’t ever checked the operating state in IDE until I got webcore and maybe after I got the transformer I was more impatient. I guess it’s not hurting sending the refresh, except for resources. When the summer winds down here (late September usually) I may try without the refresh again