Honeywell Lyric T5 thermostat

I also have the T5 and waiting to use with ST.

3 Likes

Hello, is there any update on when the Lyric T5 will work with SmartThings?

1 Like

I love my t5 and even though alexa integration works just fine Iā€™d still like to have my ST features and integration.

1 Like

Installed my t5 yesterday. Fan will not stop running and getting no cold air with compressor not running, stays at 80 degrees. Called support and checked wiring and all looks good. Any thoughts?

Andrew

Put old stat back in and see what happens but it sounds like an wiring issue. What kind of system?

The G/green wire is usually the fan and should only be connected to the G connection on the new stat. Older may have had a jumper to another wire.

Do you have pics of the old stat and new stat wiring? I learned a long time ago always take pics before switching things over.

1 Like

Yes pictures are critical as not all wire coloring is used as a standard for what there purpose actually is. If you can match it up to your last stat and make sure thereā€™s no jumpers there shouldnā€™t be much difference. I went from your normal cheap digital honeywell to the t5. I donā€™t have central ac but everything else was seamless

No jumpers, and I took pics. Heat pump system. All wiring matches pic of old thermostat. Iā€™m going to hook up old one again and see what happens.

CHRIS - please stop ignoring your customers. We have been waiting for an update on this.

Earlier, you said ā€œfirst part of 2017ā€. That hasnā€™t happened. What is the new estimate?

1 Like

Chris - please post an updated timeframe for T5 integration. Thank you.

1 Like

Yes, those of us who purchased this thermostat because of the claim it works with ST deserve to know if this integration is being worked or if it has been scrapped.

2 Likes

We have no update to provide on the release of new Honeywell integrations.

@Tyler what do you mean there is no update to provide? What would you say then to your customers that purchased a Lyric T5 thermostat because you told them it would be integrated with ST, and those customers spent even more $ on top of their already significant investment in ST to purchase a T5 thermostat that would integrate with ST?

There is no way that there can be ā€œno updateā€ - there must be some update. Someone working for ST knows what the status is, maybe someone in management. Please find that person and ask him / her and let the rest of know what is happening. We were told ā€œfirst part of 2017ā€, so now that that has passed, there canā€™t be ā€œno updateā€. There needs to be something.

I imagine the update is eitherā€¦

ā€œWeā€™ve had some delays but are still planning to release the T5 integration on xx/xx/2017ā€, or

ā€œWe decided to scrap the T5 integration for the time being. We realize weā€™re screwing over some of our customers by doing this, especially considering we told you that we WOULD integrate this device. Weā€™re sorry, and here is what weā€™d like to do to make it up to you: XXXā€

Please let me and the many other users that are interested in this topic know.

1 Like

@Tyler - please stop ignoring your customers.

There are over 20 customers who have posted on this thread. These are paying customers who have supported your company and your salary. We deserve a response - and one that is a hell of a lot better than ā€œthere is no updateā€. I will repeat my previous postā€¦

If there is ā€œno updateā€ after all this time, then what would you say then to your customers that purchased a Lyric T5 thermostat because you told them it would be integrated with ST, and those customers spent even more $ on top of their already significant investment in ST to purchase a T5 thermostat that would integrate with ST?

There is no way that there can be ā€œno updateā€ - there must be some update. Someone working for ST knows what the status is, maybe someone in management. Please find that person and ask him / her and let the rest of know what is happening. We were told ā€œfirst part of 2017ā€, so now that that has passed, there canā€™t be ā€œno updateā€. There needs to be something.

I imagine the update is eitherā€¦

ā€œWeā€™ve had some delays but are still planning to release the T5 integration on xx/xx/2017ā€, or

ā€œWe decided to scrap the T5 integration for the time being. We realize weā€™re screwing over some of our customers by doing this, especially considering we told you that we WOULD integrate this device. Weā€™re sorry, and here is what weā€™d like to do to make it up to you: XXXā€

Please let me and the many other users that are interested in this topic know. We deserve a response ASAP.

Pinging me more wonā€™t make the updates appear more quickly. I understand itā€™s frustrating, but I canā€™t provide you with an update on this integration.

Hope to not offend the developers, but I donā€™t even own a T5 but it feels like avoiding the question means there probably is nothing going on. Or the Smartthings team is waiting on Honeywell, which I understand could delay the process. What I still do not understand is if this is the case why a simple yes/no we are working on it or we are waiting on the vendor is not possible.

1 Like

@Tyler - yes, exactly what @raidflex said - please stop avoiding the question. Just give us a straightforward response.

It is completely impossible that no one that works for ST knows what is happening with this project. No company could ever run that way. Someone knows something. I understand that the ā€œsomeoneā€ may not be you - but you are a company that has telephones and emails, and certainly you could ask someone and figure out what the update is, and then post it here. That is all weā€™re asking.

In Dec & Jan, Chris from ST was telling us (on this same post) that we could expect integration in early 2017. Something has changed since then. It didnā€™t change magically or on some mystical way that somehow you canā€™t figure out. ST is a company run just like any other company and your projects have status reports etc. - please find out who it is that knows the status of this project, talk to them, and inform us as to what happened. Is it delayed? By how much? Did someone decide not to pursue it? Again - this is a company with status reports and project managers - it is utterly impossible that there is ā€œno updateā€.

For the record - I am one of the many customers who would not have purchased the Lyric T5 if not for the promised ST integration. The knock on the T5 is that geofencing doesnā€™t always work well, so when I found out that ST integration is planned, I figured that wouldnā€™t be a problem because ST would handle the geofencing, and I bought it based on that information. People make decisions based on what you guys post here - you owe us an explanation as to what is happening. Please stop avoiding the question - pick up the phone and call the manager in charge of this project and tell us what is happening.

1 Like

I have personally found ST to be extremely communicative with their product, especially considering the incredible growing pains. This sort of surprises me.

Perhaps explaining a bit of the roadblocks in why you cannot provide a deeply detailed update would help. I very much doubt people will bring out the pitchforks due to this being a low priority task for SmartThings as a whole. I mean, thereā€™s whole ones of us here!

But that sort of reply does bring them out. Itā€™s very dismissive, and dismissive without any external apparent cause. I do not mean any offense by this, everyone has bad days.

2 Likes

Since my honeywell lyric round integration is broken and I tried deleting it to fix it only to find adding it back is broken. I would guess this may be beyond a ST issue.

2 Likes

Well, Iā€™ve given up on waiting for ST to finish this integration. I was at least able to get some control using the Stringify app after adding the Lyric T5 and ST as ā€œthingsā€. It wonā€™t let me read the current temp from the thermostat but it does let me set the mode to Off/Heat/Cool, set temp, fan mode, etc based on various states and conditions within ST (for some reason, virtual switches donā€™t work with Stringify, go figure). Stringify seems to consume an unusally large amount of battery power on my phone, but at least itā€™s a working solution.

2 Likes

I bought the t5 because it was affordable and integrated with alexa and ST soon to come. That was a year ago. Iā€™d just want to know if I need to now go buy a knew thermostat that has been tested to appease me.

1 Like