Honeywell Lyric Round thermostant not detected as thermostats in any smartapp

I have been using this Honeywell Lyric Thermostat since last 2 odd years, it was working fine on older app. It was working okay on newer app too, but it was working.

It kept giving me credentials expire notifications, So I decided to delete the honeywell app and re-create the mapping by linking it with smartthings(I know, I should have known better).

Now, After re-linking honeywell with Smartthings, it works, i mean it detects the thermostats and I can manually change the settings, I can change them from within scenes.

But I can’t add them via any smart apps. They just don’t detect them. For example: Thermostat mode detector app created by @slagle, it simply doesnt detect those thermostats.
I’m using ST created device drivers( even in older app), so nothing changed from my end apart from creating new service linking between Honeywell and Smartthings.
I have checked in IDE and they both initially shown as ‘Placeholder’ in Type but I changed them to ‘Honeywell Lyric Thermostat’.

One thing of notice is that their display on main screen changed, older integration was showing the current temperature in device tile, now it just shows connected and I have to click on tile to open device to check current temp.
Any suggestions to make it detectable in smart apps again?

Many thermostats now use the newer capabilities when paired with ST or connected via WiFi/C2C integrations. SmartApps need to be updated otherwise it won’t detect these new integrations. You’ll need SmartApps specifically designed to work with these newer capability thermostat integrations. Here are a few examples:

[RELEASE] 5-2 Day Programmable Thermostat Scheduler (Weekday, Weekend) with Remote Temperature Sensor for each Schedule
[RELEASE] Mode Based Thermostat - Control Multiple Thermostats Temperature / Remote Temperature Sensors when Changing Modes
[RELEASE] Motion Sensor Thermostat with Remote temperature sensors, Presence detection and Schedules

@RBoy: things were working fine till yesterday. How can those app detected thermostat fine till yesterday.
I’m talking about ST created app, that should work without any issue. Even that is not detecting those thermostat.

You relinked it, so now it uses the new capabilities instead of the legacy ones. Hence any apps not designed to use the new capabilities will no longer be able to use it. That app you’re referring to is a community app that was published years ago.

Understood. thank you.

I don’t think that to be the case. I am running into the same issue with Honeywell thermostat. Mine is the model TH8732WF (I think there are several different models of the same looking round thermostat floating around). I got mine yesterday, installed it to replace Liryc T5. None of the smart apps will recognize it as a thermostat. Also the old app didn’t see it as a thermostat until I went into Smartthings web portal and switched it from “placeholder” to “Honeywell TCC 8000/9000 Thermostat”. Now the old app shows the status of the thermostat (temp, mode, fan) but will not let me change anything through the old app. And I figured that was because they are trying to discontinue the old app, but I am able to control everything else though through the old app. So again, no smart apps or any integrations that are specifically looking for a “thermostat” will see it as one. I have have been using “Thermostat window checker” for some time, that’s not recognizing it any more. Also have tested “Green Thermostat”, “Keep me Cozy”, “Thermostat Mode Director”, and lastly Sharp Tools is not seeing it either. I personally don’t use IFTTT, but there is a big chance it’s not gonna see it either. At this point I am curious if going back to Lyric T5 would be a better option for me…

Placeholder is, like it says, a placeholder DTH for C2C (WiFi) integrations. By switching the DTH’s you changed it to a Z-Wave/ZigBee DTH which is likely just cause havoc. C2C integrations use a different capabilities which aren’t compatible with older thermostat apps.