Home Depot Wink Ceiling Fan

I recently bought this wink connected fan: http://www.homedepot.com/p/Home-Decorators-Collection-Gardinier-52-in-LED-Brushed-Nickel-Ceiling-Fan-43260/206648825

Is there any chance of it being able to be used with SmartThings or will I have to switch or get a wink HUB?

Does it have zigbee or Z-wave? Does it require the Wink hub or just the wink app?

I do not know if it is zigbee or z-wave definitely, but from other forums it seems it may be zigbee. And it requires the hub and the app.

Have you tried adding a device via the SmartThings app?

1 Like

The website doesn’t say if it’s zigbee or zwave. If it is like other Wink labeled products at Home Depot, it should work with ST. It has a remote for control and requires a hub to control from a smartphone. ST hub should work in place of wink hub.

Anyone have luck with this fan yet?

I found one at the local store this last weekend, but when I got it home and opened it, I realized that someone had taken the controller and the remote, and returned the box to the store. I’m trying to track down another one that is actually complete.

I just purchased the fan and it seems to pair with the SmartThing hub ok, but now the status is “Please Wait”.

There is a similar posting: Hampton Bay Zigbee Fan controller

Hopefully with the info I posted there someone can help figure out how to program this device into SmartThings

Just released a device handler, you can try it.