I know all the Home Depots near me are sold out so this is probably too late to be useful, but I just noticed this topic…
I’ve created device handlers for both sirens and they both have pros and cons. If you just want it for a siren, the GoControl is probably better, but if you want to be able to use it as a repeater, entry/exit beeping, and/or door chime, you’re better off with the Aeon Labs siren:
- It’s more secure because there’s no off button, but that also makes it difficult to disarm when there’s a false alarm.
- Strobe and Siren work independently
- Built-In Auto Off feature
- Only runs on batteries
- Only 1 Volume
- Only 1 Sound
- DTH provides beep/flash feature, but the poor response time causes the beep feature to be unreliable.
Aeon Labs Siren:
- Easy to turn off during false alarm, but that also makes it less secure.
- Powered so it’s a zwave repeater
- Internal rechargeable battery, but doesn’t report battery level
- 3 volumes
- 5 sounds
- Strobe and Siren can’t be used separately
- DTH provides reliable beep functionality with the ability to repeat the beeps for more than 20 seconds, delayed alarm, beep delayed alarm, auto off.