Help with Schlage Dead Bolt Notifications

Hello all

I have three Schlage z-wave dead bolts. Two are older (no connect button) and one is brand new (with connect button). I was able to join the new lock with no issues. I then used the Smart Lock Guest Access app to add my codes to the new lock.

Now the issue. My two older locks send alerts when a code is used to unlock them. The new lock doesn’t. I can’t find any setting to enable this on my new lock. I even went through the system events and don’t see an ‘event’ for the current lock notifications.

The only difference I know of is my old locks were added as Schlage Keypad and my new one was added as Schlage Connect Z-Wave.

Another odd thing … In the Smart Lock Guest Access app the new lock is there and I can control it. There are no history events for the lock.

Lock Model: Schlage Lock Company BE469ZP CAM 716 Schlage Connect Smart Deadbolt with alarm with Camelot Trim in Aged Bronze, Z-Wave Plus enabled

Any thoughts?

Model of the lock?

Tagging @RBoy so he can point out an issue he talks about often :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oops … I added it to the first post.

The mode is - Schlage Lock Company BE469ZP CAM 716 Schlage Connect Smart Deadbolt with alarm with Camelot Trim in Aged Bronze, Z-Wave Plus enabled

I believe what @jkp is alluding to is the use of a buffering device to ensure the messages are delivered from your lock to your hub. This is a common issue and described in more detail on this topic: FAQ: why would I need another beaming repeater if my zwave lock is already close to my hub?

Since you have a BE469ZP you may want to check out his device handler to access some of its advanced features. [RELEASE] Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock Device Handler
and also this app which allows you to customize notifications per user amongst other features the smart locks apps can’t do: [RELEASE] Lock User Management (LUM)

This is great info. With a computer networking background its a little disturbing.

I re-added the lock using the other lock profiles in the SmartThings app with no change.

I re-added the lock using the Classic SmartThings app with the Camelot profile. At this point everything started working. I’m now seeing history events in Smart Lock Guest Access in the ‘current’ SmartThings app. I’m also getting notifications from on my iPhone.

I don’t know enough about the underlying logic at play, however it is working. I didn’t add any repeaters or preform a z-wave repair.