I have a legacy Vera z-wave controller that is around 7 years old. I’ve been having issue with my newer Schlage locks not working with the controller. I also have two GE dimmers that have started to flicker. They are around the same age as the controller.
I’ve been going back and forth between an other Vera and ST. I believe I’ve settled on ST because Vera updates just seem to be lacking.
I’m looking for advice on how to best move to ST and still allow me to try/use Apple HomeKit.
I’m looking for advice and validation of what I’m doing.
My use cases are as follows (limited by current controller):
- Lighting on/off based on sun raise/set +/- x number of minutes.
- Lighting dims as evening progresses
- Lighting runs for x number of minutes
- Monitoring Schlage locks
- GE Dimmers - z-wave (possibly needed to be replaced)
- GE On/Off switches - z-wave
- Schlage z-wave dead bolts
- Genie garage door opener (purchasing from Costco)
- Samsung Range WiFi ST-enabled
- Samsung RoboVac WiFi ST-enabled
- SmartThings (most current version) hub
- Lurton Caseta Dimmers
- Lurton Caseta Pro hub
New Use Cases
- Connect Caseta to both ST and HomeKit (not interested in the Caseta app)
- Use ST for sense/automation/on-off
- Use ST for monitoring Schlage locks
- Test/Use HomeKit for what ever works