Help with a timeout App

Hi, I need an app that can monitor one or more doors (contact sensors) and send a push message and optionally turn on one or more sirens/alarms if any of the doors have been open for more than a configurable amount of time. Also optionally allow the alarm to be turned off after a configurable number of seconds.
Is there is such an app (or something close that I can modify) please send me a pointer, if not I would appreciate it if someone feels generous with thier time to write one up.
I already have an app that can do one door at a time but I’m really looking for a single app that can do it for multiple doors (I believe CORE also needs multiple instances to be running to monitor multiple doors).
Thanks

Have a look at webCoRE.
From your description it should do what you want easily.
Have a look at this thread.
https://community.smartthings.com/t/webcore-introductory-video/87465

1 Like

Thanks for the tip but looks like it will quickly get complicated if I have to monitor multiple doors independently. Might be easier to just use groovy directly. I need to get this done within a couple of days and don’t have the time to code it up myself, I’m hoping someone knows of an App that mostly meets my needs.

Not really sure what you mean by this.
I’m sure if you look into webCoRE or CoRE you will find you will be able to achieve what you want.

The problem is that when I’m monitoring (say) 5 doors, each one can independently open and close and I have to maintain state for each door over time and detect when any of them have individually gone over a timeout. It might be simple to do this for one door at a time but I would end up having to create & manage too many Pistons.

Ok no problem.
You can monitor individual, multiple devices for time open/closed etc. etc.
Store them to variables etc.
I think you may be surprised at what you can achieve.

Ok, that seems as simple as it could get. Thanks for the pseudo code, I did not know you could use those kinds of statements.

Maybe that was too simple to be good :confused:
I did as pointed out (see below) but I don’t get any of the push messages after leaving doors open for a while.

Theres an app running around out there somewhere called, ’ something left open’. Does just what you want. Webcore is more versitle, but another option.

@anon36505037 if I do get the Webcore to work somehow is there a way to send a push message indicating which door was left open from among the list of doors that are being monitored?

You can set up a monitoring rule in the "Custom"section of Smart Home Monitor in the mobile app.that sends you notifications and/or turns on a siren if a door sensor is open for longer then a specified period of time.

1 Like