HELP! Schlage Lever FE599 Won’t Go into Pairing Mode

Hi All! I have the Schlage lever FE599 and it won’t go into pairing mode. It is brand new and I think I have tried everything:

Bringing it close to hub
Resetting the Device
Device Exclusion

I put in my programming code, hit the Schlage button, then hit 0. It brinks orange twice then blinks red.

Any advice what to do?

Thanks!

just checking… you are putting the hub into inclusion mode, then entering the programming code, hit schlage button then hit 0?

I hit the add device on the app before I put the programming code in

I’ve currently got the lock right next to my V3 hub and it’s blinking green

tagging @RBoy the lock expert on the forum

1 Like

Thanks! I’ll wait for his response

Blinking red means the pairing failed. Power down the hub for 2 minutes and then exclude and try pairing it again.

@mustardk1 im having the same problem. the LOCK is not going inot pairing mode. I dont tnink it has anything to do with THE HUB. does anyone have a suggestion. i cannot Pair

Me too, same issue with Schlage FE599 not pairing with SmartThings… even went to the following extremes: moved the lock within 1 foot of the SmartThings WiFi hub (Model: ET-WV525) and purchased the Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock App from rboyapps.com/Drivers/Drivers.htm.

I’ve got good batteries, the devices are very close, the hub can detect the Schlage lock is available for pairing, the Schlage lock has been fully reset multiple times… there are 4 options that appear in SmartThings App went attempting to pair this particular lock. They are as follows: Schlage Connect Z-Wave and Schlage Connect Zigbee and Schlage Keypad and Schlage Touchscreen (none of these options will pair). There is also an option in SmartThings to pair “Z-Wave” devices (this option also fails). Running out of patience and options… ready to buy a newer model lock.

BTW - I have 4 digital locks in multiple homes all worked fine with Nexia hub (now part of Trane Home app). Most of my locks are Schlage, but I also have a Kwikset.

Any help resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Have you done a general exclusion of the device before trying to pair it?

I noticed this in the manual "Restoring factory settings WILL NOT exclude the lock from the bridge.

Hooray!!! Success !!!
How it happened. Re-enrolled the device in TraneHome. Then re-removed it from TraneHome. Then added it back to SmartThings using the Universal Enhanced Z-Wave app from RBOY Apps as a generic Z-wave device.

1 Like