Help - Aeotec Nano Dimmer Wiring

I need help in installing the Nano Dimmer. Sorry, I am not an electrician but is handy enough when given proper instructions. :slight_smile:

I have a 3-way light switch where both switches have 3 wires. I didn’t saw any other lines connected to any of the two switches so I am “guessing” that the load (light) must be in the middle (please correct me if there is another possible configuration).

How would I connect the nano dimmer with this configuration?

I have attached photos of both switches for reference.

Thanks in advance!

Eric

here is a drawing of how I wired mine. My power came in at the light so my micro is in the light box in the ceiling. I took quite a few meter reading and continuity checks then labeled all my

wires. I then rewired everything to match what I have in the drawing.

Be aware the micro connections for the switch wires are very small. I had to use a separate smaller gauge wire and wire nuts to make those connections.

Maybe you can do some checks and see if your layout matches what I had or you can use what I found and go from there.

Thanks Don! I have the Nano Dimmer but I guess I will be able to figure out the connections as related to your diagram.

I’ll give an update and possibly a photo or drawing to help others once I get the chance to try this out.

If I get time this evening I’ll try to look inside the switch boxes to make sure this is right.

Maybe I can convert the drawing,. We’ll see. Lots of things on my to do list today.

Okay, the nano is not wired anything like the micro.

I assume directions came with your nano. Just in case it didn’t here is the website with 3 way diagrams.
https://aeotec.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/6000176583-nano-dimmer-wiring-3-way-4-way-5-way-switch-methods-

You need to be VERY careful with wiring. You should identify EVERY wire path and your line and neutral from the breaker.

Hope the drawings help.

Hi Don,

That’s a bummer. The page you sent doesn’t show the same wiring as I have. I guess I can’t use the nano dimmer on my 3-way.

Not sure if that is the only acceptable wiring for the nano. I hope somebody with the same wiring as I am can share how their wired their nano.

When I wired my micro. I had to move almost every wire to make it match what they said in their diagrams. It wasn’t a simple plug and play. It took me a few tries and lots or wire tracing , labeling and verifying to get it right.

Just found this, did you read this thread?

Possibly they will have more or better suggestions.

Thanks again Don.

I somehow missed that thread. By the way, is your micro a dimmer or a switch? Also, it looks like from your diagram that it will work on two wires. Maybe I need to buy that and return the nano.

Mine is a dimmer, I haven’t had time to verify the drawing I sent you.

I just remember it was harder to wire than most. I used another brand in a few of my other lights and liked them better.

Let me see if I can find what I ordered.

Here is the other style Mico I ordered.

Enerwave ZWN-RSM1-PLUS Z-Wave Relay, Z-Wave Plus Micro Switch, Smart Hidden Switch Wireless Remote Control to Lights and Ceiling Fans, Neutral Wire Required, Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01G7OD1F8/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_sB8mAbYFX7Z92

I liked wiring this one much better.