Harmony Stopped Working

What do you mean by “scenes”? In SmartThings’ world a collection of actions involving more than one device is called “routines”. And there is a dedicated section in the app. To add a routine, just use the upper right hand menu when you are on the routine page…

In an attempt to “fix” the integration between my ST hub v2 and my harmony (before I went on the forums to realize the issue was not specific to me), I deleted the ST from the harmony setup. Even after the “all good” status update from ST, it appears the OAUTH issues are still a problem. I have rebooted my ST and Harmony hubs. Still unable to add the ST hub back to my harmony…authentication fails every time nearly instantly. (It lets me login to ST and select my hub, but it doesn’t transition that back to Harmony without giving me a failure message.)

So despite ST saying things are all green, they are in fact not.

I should have probably tagged you… but you compiled that sentence perfectly to give a gist of the problem. I could not resist copy pasting it. :smile:

1 Like

Getting the same error still also

I was able to re-add my ST hub to Harmony late this afternoon.

I seem to be fully functional again as well.

Harmony authorized and working great now here as well.

My only issue now is that I can only trigger my lights at the beginning and end of a harmony activity in the start and end sequence selections in the activity set up. The smart things devices are not selectable to assign to buttons in the remote customization section. Does anyone else have a way to directly select a smart things device function by programming the short and long press options on a remote button?

What remote are you using? The Home Control remote has dedicated buttons to control the light at any time, but those are the only buttons that can be assigned to lights.

Mines working again!

The regular remote. Sounds like another ploy by Harmony to try to sell you another overpriced remote. There is no reason they can’t read the inputs from any free buttons to use as the trigger.

Not sure if this is broken again, but it stopped working with my Harmony again. I tried to remove smartthings from Harmony and re-add it, but when I get to the smartthings login all I get is:
Allow Logitech Harmony to control these things…
Which Switches?
[object Object]
[object Object]
[object Object]
[object Object]
[object Object]

Same issue here! I’ve tried removing/recreating all integrations, can’t get it back up and running!

Same issue :frowning:

This is happening with other third party authorizations as well, including Echo. We’re tracking it in the Known Issues section of the community-created wiki:

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=Bug:_object,_object_instead_of_device_name

Meanwhile be sure to report it to support@smartthings.com

No fix yet. Tried selecting one of the object object devices and it still didn’t work.

Having exactly the same issue. In case there is a need for full procedural explanation:

My SmartThings Hub v2 is set up and working fine. Logging in to my SmartThings account (iOS or via the API) shows all of my devices with nice Display Names (e.g. “Family Room Lamp”).

Per the Video “How To: Set up Logitech Harmony with SmartThings” on the SmartThings page (http://blog.smartthings.com/news/smartthings-updates/logitech-harmony-joins-smartthings-labs/):

[Via Harmony iOS App]

• ADD DEVICE > HOME CONTROL > SMARTTHINGS
  • SIGN IN to my SmartThings Account
  • On the “Authorize XXXXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX…” page, I select “Home” from the dropdown (I only have 1 hub)
  • I’m presented with:

"Allow Logitech Harmony to control these things…

• Which Switches?
    [object Object]
  • Which Motion Sensors?
    [object Object]
    [object Object]

…"

All of my devices say “[object Object]” and checking any of them and selecting “Authorize” results in:

“SmartThings Login Sucessful. Returning you to the app.”

I’m then redirected to the Harmony app, with a SmartThings device that now says “Harmony Hub couldn’t find any supported devices in your SmartThings account.”

Hello All,

I just wanted to chime in and say I am having the exact same issue as glynnio. I installed a new Z-wave switch and so I thought it would be necessary to re-authorize my SmartThings Hub v2 using the Harmony Remote app. It turns out that that was a huge mistake. When I attempted to authorize, all my devices were listed as [object Object]. I checked them all and submitted but got “Harmony Hub couldn’t find any supported devices in your SmartThings account” once I was returned to the Harmony Remote App. Now, I have 0 home devices that I can control with my Harmony remote.

I’ve tried several times the last two days to remove my SmartThings Hub as a device from my Harmony remote and authorizing it again but nothing seems to work. Any time table of when this might be fixed, or a workaround would greatly be appreciated.

P.S. I was able to add my new switch to Alexa using the SmartThings App without any problem, so that’s good.

I am almost certain that seeing a list of [object Object] likely means that something that is expecting a list of Strings is instead receiving a list of objects (that likely contain the necessary String unless they really broke stuff). So probably something with their internal API changed and they failed to update their references to it. I am not up on my Groovy but its probably as simple as changing a line of code to “object.name”.

Bump, I am having the same issue. I bought the Harmony remote BECAUSE it was supposed to work with Smartthings!!!

same problem cant connect o my Smart thing devices
[Via Harmony iOS App]

• ADD DEVICE > HOME CONTROL > SMARTTHINGS
  • SIGN IN to my SmartThings Account
  • On the “Authorize XXXXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX…” page, I select “Home” from the dropdown (I only have 1 hub)
  • I’m presented with:

"Allow Logitech Harmony to control these things…

• Which Switches?
    [object Object]
  • Which Motion Sensors?
    [object Object]
    [object Object