Harmony Hub UK Integration

just tried to integrate smartthings into harmony elite, can auth and choose location but does not import devices into harmony. so looks like we need harmony to update so they can fudge round how smarthtings has essentially setup 2 separate cloud services. once harmony looks at eu servers instead of us servers we should be good to go.

Is there even word that they are currently working to update this or not?

I still don’t get why SmartThings has used this 2 cloud fudge. Everyone else seems to manage using location-aware provisioning. I can’t help but think we will always have a rough ride in Europe as a result of this decision.

1 Like

I tried the workaround that Logitech suggested on their home control forum but had no success. The more people that badger them the better

https://forums.logitech.com/t5/Harmony-Home-Control-Experience/Integration-with-SmartThings-in-the-UK/td-p/1456757

Also have the same issues using my UK hub and Harmony Hub.

@Smartthings, please give us some official info on what is still to to on your site or on any other parties site. Thanks!

I’m not too sure if any of you have already seen this… Harmony Connect App Crashing

But it worked for me - Can now control harmony activities in ST (UK user)

Where is that harmony connect app (confused).

And the other way around too? For the harmony to control smartthings devices?

NO unfortunately - I have not yet been able to get harmony to control ST stuff. This is something that Logitech need to update on their systems.

Ok thanks, yes I am pestering Logitech on that too

I’m in the UK and have just bought a Smartthings v2 kit. I’m a long-term HAer (15+ years) but Smartthings is obviously new to me. I’m trying to add a Logitech Harmony hub but not getting very far as there’s NO Harmony smartapp in the marketplace that I can find (Marketplace-More). I can connect the harmony app to smartthings but after logging in to smartthings and then returning to Harmony, it fails to retrieve any of the ST devices.

I read the thread linked to but it didn’t make any sense.

Should this be working in the UK or not?

Thanks,

Paul.

You need to go into the Smartthings IDE - “New Smart App”, From Template “Logitech Harmony (Connect)”

Bit like this:

Then create and “Publish for me”.

Ah thanks Dean!

I also just got it working by trying to connect from the Harmony - and then the app appeared in the smartapps list (I presume it’s the same version?). I then had to connect via the smartapp and it took quite a while to find the hub. I can now turn activities on/off. Should there be more features?

Cheers.

No I’m afraid that’s all its limited to at the moment.

1 Like

Has this stopped working now - im in the UK and ive tried adding my devices to the US server although it still fails to retrieve the devices?

So, @deano12 you made no changes to the code from the template?
I tried that and it failed with an {“error”:“invalid_request”,“error_description”:“Missing or invalid argument.”} error when I click to enter my Harmony credentials. I’ve been trying the “create a US hub and copy your devices you want to control to that” workaround from Harmony too and that doesn’t seem to work but maybe that is causing problems somewhere?
All very frustrating given I had it working a few weeks ago (having tried to log in from Harmony) and have subsequently ended up removing it somehow!

What I did was:

Tried to integrate ST to Harmony via Harmony first - I authorized this but as normal it failed - but it was authorized.

I then proceeded to go into ST and used the Harmony Connect SmartApp and installed it from the Catalog of apps on the IDE.

From there I went onto the phone app and loaded up the SmartApp, put in my credentials, done the discovery, and bobs your uncle, I got to pick the activities that I wanted as switches and away I went.

I think what may have helped here is that I tried to link Harmony to ST via Harmony first…

Interesting. I know have this working but my process was as follows:

1. Tried to connect Harmony to UK location and just completely failed
  2. Created US based location through graph.api.smartthings.com
  3. Connected Harmony to this. It couldn’t find any devices but did connect and authorise
  4. Copied the code from catalog, enabled OAuth and tried to install. It failed with the error above
  5. Amended the location in the smartapp code from graph.api.smartthings.com to graph-eu01-euwest1.api.smartthings.com
  6. Tried to connect again and it worked.

Not sure what’s going on but at least I can control and monitor activity status from ST now even if it takes a while to update the status.
Looking forward to harmony fixing their side and the integration being a bit more seamless

Had no trouble install Logitech harmony hub follow the instructions above. So thanks for those. Have to say it works really well. Love being able to have the TV swtich on when the “Im back” routine fires.

Strange development in the last few days. Control of Harmony still works fine but previously I was able to rely on Smartthings refreshing the status every so often. This meant I could trigger lights to dim when I switched my projector on by watching the status of the projector activities.
Over the last few days, Smartthings seems to have stopped refreshing the status?
It works correctly when I press refresh on any of the harmony switches.
Anyone else having this problem or help me with a fix?
Is there a way to force a refresh of a switch at a defined interval?