Hampton Bay Zigbee Fan controller

finally snagged one! thanks.

Hi I bought one :grin:

I need one this too

Is possible to but without receiver?

Iā€™m not sure of a place to purchase the wall remote without the included fan receiver. As long as you program both to the same frequency this wall remote works great with the ZigBee receiver version but I wish it was mains instead of battery operated.

BE WARNED about this wall remote module however. It is not a standard Decora sized device. It is slightly wider and shorter so it does not fit with other plates. I ran into this issue since my fan switch is in a 3 gang box.

1 Like

I have the wink/zigbee receiver and that wall remote. When I set the fan to medium speed from the remote, it turns the light off. I also hate that it doesnā€™t fit in a standard decora plate. Iā€™m going to try a new wall controller.

Ugh, WTF? Thanks for posting that as I was thinking of picking up a couple of these.

Anyone try this one?

Shave the sides and it should be able to pop through and be at the correct depth.

But looks like crap unless you can somehow cut perfect edges. And even then, there will be a gap at the bottom and top.

So Iā€™m installing my first one, and for the life of me I cannot seem to get smartthings to see it. I havenā€™t gone through a lot of in-depth troubleshooting but Iā€™ve attempted to ā€œfactory resetā€ the device, but I never get any blinks. The remote works, it turns on and off, but I never see think ā€œblinksā€ it refers to.

Read through this thread.

Are you using the remote to toggle on/off? Or the switch/breaker? It wonā€™t work if youā€™re using just the remote

1 Like

@marktheknife tried both, tried leaving it off for 15 minutes at the hard switch, then trying again, but other people say theyā€™ve done it using the remote as well.

Not sure what to say, other than the timing has to be really exact, and it can be annoying to get it right.

As for others having success with the remote, itā€™s not like Iā€™ve scanned through every single post in this thread recently, but that shouldnā€™t work. The remote is not cutting power to the device itself, and thatā€™s what is needed to reset it, ie power on/off in the correct sequence/timing.

1 Like

Go slower. If you donā€™t have a switch that will totally cut power, go to the breaker.
Off 1ā€¦2ā€¦3ā€¦
On 1ā€¦2ā€¦3ā€¦

Do 5 times. It should blink. Iā€™ve reset mine multiple times.

2 Likes

Does the device have to be on (As in, does the light need to be on when I start the reset) or does it matter?

Iā€™m not sure why this isnā€™t working but I swear the switch Iā€™m flicking cuts power, Iā€™ve used the multimeter on it and changed it with that switch off.

Iā€™ve swapped out units just in case there was an issue with other (I bought two) and still canā€™t seem to get it to work. So, my pairing issue may be is proximity to the hub, so that would make sense (i ordered a plug to work as a repeater) but canā€™t even get the reset to work. so itā€™s hard to be sure itā€™s in the right mode for pairing

I start with it on, but It really shouldnā€™t matter. Just do it until it blinks when you turn it on. And go slow.

So, I brought my hub downstairs and got it to sync, immediately whenever I brought my hub online and cycled the power I saw it blink then turn the fan on low, so Iā€™m wondering if you can only reset it once itā€™s paired, until then thereā€™s nothing to reset.

You should be able to reset it regardless of the current state.

Glad itā€™s working though!

Got my controllers installed on my 2 fans today. Thought Iā€™d let everyone know, the Home Depot retail version DOES support reverse right out of the box. I accidentally found it while mashing buttons trying to get it to pair with smartthings. It takes a few tries it seems, or I donā€™t have the timing right, or the procedure is slightly different, but it is something like this;

Turn fan on lowest speed setting, then turn the fan off, then on, then off, then let it slow almost all the way down, then back on.

Maybe someone can get it to get more consistent by playing around with the timing.

3 Likes

To reverse, turning to speed 4 then 3 then 2 then 1 then hit power 3 times in a row. Youā€™ll here a little click but the fan will stay off. Let it slow down then hit the power button and it should reverse. May not have to do the cycles through the speeds, but seems to work consistently doing so.