Hampton Bay Wink Enabled Fan Controller on sale @ HD (28 August 2019)

On sale for $34.97 (30% off)

1 Like

Showing regular price for me: 49.99

That’s because this was yesterday’s
daily deal & yesterday is gone.

3 Likes

Thanks @JDRoberts for the edit.

1 Like

Home Depot $37.99 (12%) off

Still available for 37.99

1 Like

Has anyone used these? Can anyone provide feedback on install set up and reliability on use?

They are not the best, but if you don’t have the proper wiring to install a fan controller in the wall, they are really your only option to automate a ceiling fan.
You can use a dual relay, but those will only give you on/ off control and you will still have to control the fan speeds with the old pull chain.

Thanks for the feedback!

I currently have fan remotes for all my fans but was looking for a cheaper way to automate them coming on and off at certain times to alleviate the forget factor. I was hoping this would do the trick. Sounds like it will.

WIfi fan controller with Alexa

Amazon has one that works with Goolge Home and Alexa.
User feedback says cannot control light with voice.

Thanks! I don’t need voice control as much as I need physical control of the device via SmartThings…now to figure out what device handler it uses?

1 Like

I ended up having to replace the builtin antenna on mine after accidently breaking it. I also transitioned to Home Assistant, but recently this device has been really stable for me (using repeaters and making sure there is no wifi interferance)

Wow !..can I install a Hampton Bay Wink Fan Controller in my ceiling fans (one controller for each one of course), set a wall mount wireless control fan on/off and speed and light on/off and dimme it. Also control fan and light with Smartthings ?.. Can anybody help me with the 1-2-3 steps?. Regards

Start here but keep in mind this doesn’t work all that well with the new app.

1 Like

Thats great ! For now Im most using classic app, I have listened new app is far away to support many of the functionality of its previous version. I think this is the best solution…a native device ready to pair with ST but definitely I do not like how the remote control looks, for me, an ugly design, Its a matter of perspectives, so my question is if I can connect/pair to the controller in the fan another wall device that I like its design at the same time to the ST net.

There is a battery operated wall switch mentioned somewhere in that giant thread that will work with this controller. You have to buy the wall switch with another controller as a kit and toss the controller.

I think that it is this device below. You should be able to set the dipswitches the same on this device, the fan controller and the remote and they would all then control the ceiling fan.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Hampton-Bay-Universal-Ceiling-Fan-Wireless-Wall-Switch-68109/205846346

1 Like