Halo Smart Smoke Detector

Got two of the halo+ in a couple days ago and got them setup pretty quickly. Overall these seem like the best option for wired smokes with SmartThings right now. The weather radio works except they don’t actually have any information to tell you which radio station is yours, just an option of 1-7. I googled and guessed my station based on the frequencies available and which frequency was listed for my city, and that seemed to work. Theoretically I also don’t have any fire or CO in my house right now too, but basically works as expected as a regular smoke detector…

Otherwise, the humidity and temperature sensors were a pleasant surprise; you could theoretically use these as temperature sensors with your thermostats. The only other thing that was weird is that using the light on the halo seems to spike the temperature sensor and after 30ish minutes the light turns itself off. Does this happen to anyone else? Seems strange that they would stick the leds right next to the sensors, but i see it steadily increase something like 15 degrees over ambient while its on, and then just turn itself off and not respond until i force it on/off/on again.