GoControl GD00Z-5 wont pair security key error

Evening all I am trying to get my GoControl GD00Z-5 to pair and every time I put it in pairing mode it:

A) Takes forever to be discovered
B) Throws this error:
“The device failed to complete the network security key exchange. If you are unable to control it via SmartThings, you must remove it from your network and add it again.”

I’ve tried excluding the device moving it closer to the ST hub and nothing seems to work.

I’ve searched here and int interwebs and can’t find anything helpful, so I figured I would post here and see if anyone might be able to help me out.

Cheers,
-Stephen

I…and many others…have had this same problem. Get your GoControl as close to the ST hub as possible during pairing. For me this meant within 2" (seriously), but it should work then.

Yeah I tried that too and still no dice.

Here are my logs in the console:

31606cc6-98a7-4586-9256-d1343151ea14 10:33:29 PM: debug “Err 106: ZW secure inclusion failed” parsed to [‘descriptionText’:‘This device failed to complete the network security key exchange. If you are unable to control it via SmartThings, you must remove it from your network and add it again.’, ‘eventType’:‘ALERT’, ‘name’:‘secureInclusion’, ‘value’:‘failed’, ‘displayed’:true, ‘isStateChange’:true, ‘linkText’:‘Linear GoControl Garage Door Opener’]

ST support seems to think it is a distance issue.

“Secure inclusion does require that the Hub is very close to the device in order to pass it. This is because of a number of pieces of data that have to transmit between the device and the Hub as an extra security measure. This is true for any secure device, such as locks. Please try to bring your Hub within 15 feet of the Garage Door Controller and try again. I have also seen cases where this needs to be within 5 feet.”

The controller is literally sitting on the same self as the ST hub.

I’ve tried literally placing the controller on top of the ST hub (can’t get any closer) and it still will not work for me either.

Any other ideas?

Did you ever get this working? I was running into the same thing last night. I had my hub 2’ away.

I am having the same problem - anybody was able to resolve this?

I was having the same issue . I had two other zwave hubs near my ST hub, I turned them off and tried inclusion and the security error did not come back. Looks like security inclusion is very sensitive to interference.