Globe Suite and ST Integration

Yes I tried but the devices are not listed in the webcore device section

But they do show up in ST? Can you control them through ST? That would be a great addition for the time being.

Control in ST works well.

Cool. You would not happen to have a link to a step by step to set this up? Is the integration with the smart life app, IFTTT or Alexa?

@DaveWolf20
You have to add them to webCoRe.
Smartthings app > Hamburger menu > SmartApps > Devices > Settings > Available Devices > Available Devices (again) > Find them in one of the groups/sensors and enable them there.

Globe App blows, so does Tuya and Smartlife. All my switches will be on eBay soon. If anyone is looking to buy more Chinese switches that blow, let me know and I’ll send you the link to eBay.

Got it thanks, I found it under the group adjustable color lights.

2 Likes

Don’t blame them for locking their app to support only Globe products. They are in business to make money. You want to purchase my devices you can control them with my app. They are not obligated to support every device that may work with their infrastructure. Same as many other companies that have similar products/integrations.

4 Likes

Anybody have a tutorial to recommend to integrate Tuya Devices into smartthings. Seems like DaveWolf20 is using this method. Not sure which “middle man” is being used.

Thank You

For my other tuya devices I used Alexa Routine and Simulated Contact Sensor.

It’s in the FAQ:

Integrating WiFi Switches/Plugs that use the Tuya SmartLife App or eWeLink app

1 Like

Thank You Dave

1 Like

Thanks JDRoberts. I did see this post but it just seems to point to other articles/guides which some of them seems to be out of date. I was more looking for a step by step like DaveWolf20 provided.

Trying to use webCoRE. Some time ago I went through all this and gave up.
In the ST IDE, under My SmartApps I have I have the 4 namespaces showing for WebCore.
I have the v3 ST app installed on my phone. In the SmartApps in the ST app I have my webCore showing.
I go into the app and click on Dashboard.
Opens it up and states how lonely it is. Two things below the sad face are what I believe is my ST hub and a home icon. Click on the hamburger icon and then on dashboard again and I seem my motion sensors and phone.
So now I want to see if I can get my lights working in ST.
Currently they are in the Lohas Smart app and in the Alexa app with the Lohas skill.
Do I need to add them to the SmartLife app in order to get to the next stage?

That is one of several methods mentioned in the FAQ. :wink: The step by step is in the FAQ for that method.

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=How_to_use_SmartThings_to_have_Alexa_do_something_without_speaking_to_it

If your lohas lights will work in an echo routine (not a smartthings routine) then you do not need to add them to the smartlife app. :sunglasses: Just follow the instructions in the FAQ.

My sensors are showing in the Alexa app now.
I am confused. Have they always been there?
Or is this the WebCore Integration?

Anyway I can now use motion control to turn lights on and off etc.

1 Like

So really this whole delay was because Globe needed to figure out how to lock down the integration to only their branded products :joy:

6 Likes

I bought 2 Sonoff Zigbee plugs and 2 Sengled Zigbee bulbs. All works great with SmartThings and Alexa.

Now I’m stock with 2 Teckin plugs that do not work with Smartthings…

1 Like