Globe Suite and ST Integration

Completed all steps, did not work for me.

None of those steps are working, nothing show up in ST from Tuya / Smartlife devices. I thought GS was integrated with Tuya and Smartlife. Previous version of GS was work fine with Tuya/Smartlife. Very frustrated.

And the country you are in and the operating system of your phone

There are thousands of smart home devices out in market sale by hundreds of Chinese company, and those makers are partnering with IoT providers network and servers that handle traffic connectivity.
For an example of mine. I have 6 different model switches that made by 6 different company and these witches connected in one application either Smartlife or Tuya App. How the hell am I able to described what model and who made
this is just me and I believed other people may bought from many other different makers as well.

Every RF device should have maker and model number printed on it. This is a regulatory requirement. In the US, it will also have an FCC license number.

I understand that people often buy inexpensive devices and may not pay much attention at the time that they buy them, but for anything that will be wired into mains power, maker and model are important safety information.

1 Like

For those who have been able to get it to work, are you using just globe branded products? I have a few micmi switches that use smartlife and I can get them to work in GlobeSuite app, but not show up in smartthings. I do not have globe products at this time to compare to see if I can get them to work.

White labeled devices are very common from China, so several devices from different brands can have the same FCC label. But the Amazon, Aliexpress, packaging, logos, etc. should have at minimum the brand stamped on it.

And just as manufacturers white label physical products, service providers white label their platforms, hosting, software, etc.

The new SmartThings cloud integrations are created, deployed and supported by specific brands, no matter who the manufacturer or platform provider is. This is very similar to Alexa skills. If you were to have a problem with an Alexa skill, Amazon may give you basic support, but ultimately they’re going to point to your the brand for that skill to get support.

With that in mind, it wouldn’t be unreasonable for Globe to have “fixed” other brands devices showing up under their integrations. They can’t be expected to support those devices. And that appears to be what happened here since all the problems seem to be from people using non-Globe branded devices.

The good news is, Tuya is very proud of integrating brands that use its service to SmartThings

So contacting those brands and requesting the SmartThings integration is probably your best bet. And since Tuya seems to have already done the leg work, hopefully they too can integrate their Tuya based brand to SmartThings decently quickly.

2 Likes

Can you please stop bloating this thread with nonsense about Globe only supporting their own products. I have their branded products and mine don’t work properly in SmartThings. We need to get that fixed, we understand you have the opinion other Tuya devices shouldn’t work but until Globe comments on my issue (that others have as well) and comments wether it’s true only their products work all you’re doing is forcing your opinion down other peoples throats. I don’t need to hear it again and again. Stop the hearsay.

10 Likes

I can see there is no integration in the Globe Suite app with SmartThings, maybe that’s the issue ?
an update neccesary for Globe Suite app ?

1 Like

Its official:
“Providing a safe, consistent, and secure user experience is our top priority. We fully stand behind Globe products, all of which are manufactured using strict quality control methods and adhering to recognized certification standards. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee that non-Globe products meet these same standards. Therefore, only Globe products are supported in SmartThings through Globe Suite Integration. During the testing phase, some users noticed that other non-Globe products had limited functionality. We made the decision to disable these products, in order to guarantee the highest degree of function and experience to our Globe user base.”

3 Likes

What a joke and let down.

For me too, but it is what it is.

Anyone feel like helping me create a guide on how to get non-globe bulbs (and other products) working in ST?
I will be emailing the exec office of Tuya to see if they plan on an integration but if that is not happening, or a long way off, another method might be beneficial to the community.

If there are documents already in existence a simple link to them would be fantastic.
I don’t mind doing all the testing and leg work for this.

Thanks.

4 Likes

Good to see an official response. @Baris have you had any luck with their customer service? Perhaps try removing the integration from settings>connected services and trying again?

It could also be they have been a trifle over-zealous in their blocking and have inadvertently blocked some of their own products.

In which case anyone with official globe products might be advised to contact Globe support, explain the situation and provide the model (and any model numbers etc) of your device. Got to be worth a shot.

1 Like

Thats strange because when I activate a bulb in Globe Suite it asks for Tuya credentials
So expect that Tuya Bulbs work in integration

1 Like

That’s because they are all using the Tuya cloud.

1 Like

Hey guys, that my first post. I tried to connect the Globe Bulbs to ST, it works but it is not possible to connect these bulbs with webcore. It’s disappointing :frowning:

I removed the Tuya bulb from Globe and activated it in Smart Life again and use virtual switch again.
So back to on/off and no whitening :frowning:
I’ve read somewhere that it could work with webcore but I couldn’t get it work,
Maybe someone knows how to and share the code ?

3 Likes

Have you added the devices into the webcore smart app? I always forgot to do this step when I add new devices to SmartThings and can’t find them in webcore.

Would you have a tutorial on how to do this?