So Arlo and SmartThings aren’t currently integrated together yet, and Arlo doesn’t offer an auto away or home feature so I had to come up with a way to automate Arlo into the SmartThings ecosystem. If anyone is currently using Arlo for there home monitoring this should work for the time being.
- Connect Arlo to a compatible SmartThings plug.
- Arm Arlo to “All Motion On”
- Set the plug to turn On when Away
- Set the plug to turn off when Home
- Set the plug to turn off when Morning
- Set the plug to turn on when Night
This allows me to have Arlo turn on and off based on the presence of who’s how and gone. So far its working fantastic.