Get ready to make the switch!

I’ve read thru most of the posts in this topic but have some questions and concerns:

1. Will the Groovy IDE continue to be available after the Classic App goes away? If not, I wonder how you can create Self-published DTHs and create devices (Virtual Switches, etc). I rely heavily on the “Simulated Alexa Switch” since it can be used in Alexa routines to trigger actions (“When this happens…”) whereas the standard “Simulated Switch” device can not.
    NOTE: blake.arnold said that Self-Published DTHs are supported with the new app

2. I saw reference to “Approved ST DTHs” in earlier posts - where exactly can you find/see a list of these Approved device handlers?

3. I also rely heavily on the “Smart Lighting” App for almost all of my automation. Will this continue to be supported in the future? (It does appear in the new app at the present)

4. Will the “Notify Me When” app stick around - I have some setup in the Classic app but don’t see how to add a new one in the new app?!?

If you scroll all the down to the bottom of your list of ST built in apps (after taping on the +) you should see a section titled "My SmartApps: (click on the image to expand it)

Hmmmm. It doesn’t show under My Smart Apps.
Maybe I have to do something in the Classic App first…

EDIT<<

I created it in the Groovy IDE using the Notify Me When TEMPLATE and published it “For Me”.
Now it appears.

2 Likes

Minor bug to report: when presence sensors are used as triggers (“if”) in automations, they act as a true/false statement, not upon a “change” in status. So for example, I had an automation that switched my house to home mode when my car arrives (using zigbee presence sensors), but it would trigger constantly, because my car was constantly in “arrived” status. I ended up having to use the “smart lighting” smartapp to accomplish it, which still works fine.

3 Likes

I’m probably missing the obvious here, but is there a way to temporarily disable an automation or scene in the new app? As background, I live by myself so my iPhone is my only presence sensor. In the old app I had a “Goodbye routine” set up to lock the doors, turn off most lights and arm SMH when I left the house. Occasionally, while having guests at the house, I would want to make a beer run or some-such, so to keep everything from going into “lockdown” when I left, I created a new mode named Goodbye Disable and there was an option when creating the Goodbye routine to have it run only in specific modes (or maybe it was to NOT run in specific modes. I have deleted it and forget which it was.) so I set it up to not run the routine if in “disable” mode. I would then tap a button near the door on my way out setting the disable mode and the Goodbye routine would not run when I left. I can’t seem to find a way to duplicate this in the new app. I have the Goodbye scene set up and the automation to run it when I leave, but need to find an easy way to temporarily disable it when needed. I hope I explained that well enough for everyone to follow LOL

Yes, click on the menu (three bars in the upper left of the screen) and choose Automations. From there you can manually disable them and re-enable when needed.

1 Like

Thanks, that will work but I’ll probably forget to turn it back on :rofl:. My old method automatically reset everything when I came home and the mode changed back to “Home”. Maybe I can set up a reminder notification.

Hi All,

I’m trying to port a “routine” I had in the Classic App to open my front door along with a few other things. If someone is able to guide me that would be awesome.

Previous I had to routine setup to:

1. Disarm SHM
  2. Turn on a couple of lights
  3. Change location to Home
  4. Unlock Lock
    Then Rboy SmartApp would relock the door after sometime and set SHM to Arm Stay within 2 minutes. Present sensor would detect when I’m outside my zone and set SHM to Arm Away.

It’s one of those convenience routine I had to make life easier especially with young children.

It would also be awesome if there is a way to setup a pin before the trigger start happening.

Help Samsung

Thanks.

Create a scene with those actions. Then use the automation creator to activate it. If you want to use a mode as a condition, read above on how to work around the current limitation with using mode as both an IF and THEN.

1 Like

You can try

• Create a virtual switch called something like “Goodbye Disable” (using Smart Apps/ Virtual Device Creator)
  • Add the condition “and Goodbye Disable is Off” to the automation that normally runs your Goodbye Routine
  • Create Automation to turn on Goodbye Disable virtual switch when you press that button on your way out
  • Create Automation to turn off Goodby Disable virtual switch whenever you get back

Clunky, but maybe worth a try!

It’s easy to set up an automation that does that.
If: Device status > presence sensor > arrives.
Then: Location Mode > Home > Security Mode > Disarmed > Device > On > Front Door unlock.

You can also set up an automation to do the reverse when you leave.

I suggest that questions about how to create a specific automation/scene be created as a new thread in the following section of the forum:

https://community.smartthings.com/c/smartapps/automation-ideas/

That way the original poster can get very specific help as needed. if there is a way to do it in the new app or with webcore, people can provide that information. If there isn’t, the original poster can come back here and post the general setup as a desired feature.

Otherwise this thread will get overrun with detailed posts that don’t really make sense to most people and it will be very confusing.

Thanks!

11 Likes

AlecM, Hey that sounds like it should work. I’ll give it a shot this weekend. Thanks

@blake.arnold

I submitted this to support but thought I would post it here for you too. In SHM (classic app), if the siren is sounding from an intrusion, disarming the system will stop the siren, though the intrusion will still remain. In STHM, disarming the system during an intrusion DOES NOT stop the siren. Shouldn’t it? You have to clear the intrusion to get the siren to stop.

@blake.arnold

Here is something else I have noticed. Humidity display is missing from the new app in the Honeywell TCC integration. Though it does show up in the history logs. See screenshots below.

There is a new evohome app in the works with a new integration. Honeywell is being quiet about it. They will be moving tcc to this app.

2 Likes

@oldcomputerwiz I am very surprised to see your device still displays the icons. Mine lost all icons in the last update of the classic app. Are you on the latest one?
Are you using a specific DTH or the default one installed by the totalconnect smartapp?

I’m on the latest version of classic and I never lost my icons in the classic app. I’m using the stock DTH.

I just took a look at my tablet and found that it is missing icons. My phone was last setup in January 2019 and my tablet was setup December 2019. Must be if things were setup awhile ago the icons are still there.

1 Like

Nope. My icons have been steadily/slowly dropping on various things in classic. No rhyme or reason. :frowning:

Can you go to the app info of the classic app and scroll all the way to the bottom, it should be 2.18.1, if it’s not then you’re not in the latest version.