I’ve made the switch. This was my third attempt. Things aren’t fully working yet and I’m trying to find sustainable solutions for some old behaviors:
- I had a bunch of alerts (just notifications) when certain doors or windows were opened for more than 5 minutes or if there was movement in the kids after 9pm. I can replicate this behaviors with automation, but I’ll have to have one per sensor in order to distinguish the notifications.
- Changing the home mode based on a number of different conditions currently require multiple automations. Also, a bug that if you had the mode as a condition you can’t add it as an action. Doing it the other way around works.
- No way to see if users are at home or not. Makes it hard to figure out why certain actions don’t run when people leave/arrive.
- Why was the delay on SMH triggering the alarm removed? That by itself was my singular motivation to move to the new app.
- Notifiy to arm/disarm on arrival/leave is kind of useless. My kids aren’t going to be able to distinguish that notification from the other 100 they get while getting back from school and I’m not going to spend a minute loading the app to disarm it in the car before arriving home.