Get ready to make the switch!

Yeah I agree with the frustration and wish some of the bugs in the custom CLI were worked out before they sunset the Classic app. Barring the lack of video/picture controls (which I’m told is in works), I’m able to get controls working with the new app. Infact I like some of the new controls like the steppers and lists which didn’t exit in the old app which make for some nice ways to interact with DTH’s. There are many bugs to be sorted out (@jody.albritton) but I can see the potential in this and I love the dynamic features like conditional visibility, dynamic control values, automation conditions and more which (when they eventually all start working) can make for a very powerful and custom UI, much more than the Classic app could offer.
While making the UI for the Classic app was much simpler, one of my biggest challenges with the Classic was to make a custom UI for each device in a single DTH, this is something the new app can do in a much easier way (and there’s more to come I’m told). I’m also waiting for custom icons and other things to make it more attractive. There are pro’s and con’s to the new vs the classic, most importantly there’s a learning curve to the new app UI development.
Here are some examples of what we’ve been able to put together in the last few months (not all the features are there yet, but they’ll start coming in):
[RELEASE] Enhanced ZigBee Keypad Device Handler - Centralite, UEI, IRIS, Xfinity, Scout
[RELEASE] Heatit Z-Smoke Smoke Detector Alarm device handler (Official)
[RELEASE] Ring Alarm Keypad (2nd Gen) Device Handler
[RELEASE] Virtual Garage Door Opener/Controller with Relays and Contact/Tilt/Door Sensors

10 Likes